Full-Day Hue Rice Agriculture ExperienceWrite a Review
OverviewAlthough the Mekong River Delta produces most of Vietnam’s rice, central Vietnam’s rice culture around Hue has taken big steps forward to get recognized as a main rice hub. From planting to cultivation, the wet-rice techniques used in rural Hue are among some of the most interesting and preserved in Vietnam. We head out into the countryside to see, experience and take part of this agricultural phenomenon by using eco-friendly means such as bicycles and a local rowing sampan. This tour is purely designed to show you the deep rooted history of Vietnam's wet-rice culture.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
After pickup from your centrally located hotel in the morning, you'll head into the countryside with your guide along a flat road for around 10 miles (17 km). Along the way from Hue, stop in the village of Thanh Toan, whose tile-roof covered bridge is one of only two of its kind in Vietnam. The bridge has survived floods, storms, and wars, with local residents working to repair, renovate, and preserve it as a symbol of their perseverance.
Heading further into the countryside, you'll stop to spend time alongside local farmers and partake in daily activities such as rice farming, picking vegetables, fishing, and making local handicrafts. Later, help prepare lunch with local ingredients as you immerse in this farming community.
In the afternoon, continue your tour, followed by a relaxing sampan ride over small rivers, with more opportunities for cultural engagement. At the end of the day you're returned to your hotel in Hue.
Inclusions for Full-Day Hue Rice Agriculture Experience
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hue
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bicycle tour
- Lunch (set menu)
Exclusions for Full-Day Hue Rice Agriculture Experience
- Surcharge for cyclo at USD $12.00/cyclo/pax
- Surcharge for guide during TET (Vietnamese New Year)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cycling: max. 17 km on flat road
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Surcharge for guide during TET (Vietnamese New Year)
Hotel pickups commence approximately at 8am