Full-day Italian Riviera Villages Tour From Cannes
OverviewIn this full day private tour, enjoy wonderful views and experiences mixed with a variety of aromas and flavours. Your professional guide will take you to the beautiful Italian mountains in a small village called Dolceacqua, on the top of the hillside. There you can spot many old buildings along the river that crosses the village. Then move towards another Italian old medieval village called Isolabona. Feel the Italian atmosphere, and if desired, you can relax in this village at a cafe with an espresso or an ice cream. Continue your journey with the visit of an Italian own family olive oil shop, before going back to France to Menton. The village is well-known for its festival of citrus fruits.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter picking you up at your hotel or accommodation in Cannes, your guide will take you first to the Italian village called Dolceacqua, located on a hill next to a small river that crosses the village. It's the real Italy away from the crowds of tourists on the coast. The village is filled with conversation and Italian-style outbursts, where young and old meet in the squares and in the maze of the narrow streets. Take your time to explore the village and stop at one local cafe to enjoy an espresso. There, admire the ruined castle and the church, both full of history. If you're lucky to travel on the last Sunday of the month, you will go to the street market where are sold local organic products: honey, olive oil, vegetables, fruits and much more.
Continue your journey with the visit of another small mountain village called Isolabona, located between the Val Nervia's Dolceacqua and Pigna. Explore the narrow streets which connect the two main squares, called the Small Square and Piazza Grande. The first is an octagonal fountain built in 1486, while the second overlooks the oratory and the parish church. Every summer is held the famous "Festival of Harps".
It's now time to meet the olive oil producers: the family Cassini. They will show you how the olive oil is produced and will explain everything about this product. Naturally, you will have the opportunity to taste various olive oils. At the end of the tasting, if wanted, you can shop their products and take home some Italian flavors.
Return back to France where you will reach your last stop: Menton, called the capital of citrus fruits. This nice village, on the top of the hill, is renown for its colorful houses. You will have time to stroll in the pedestrian streets and to try one of their citrus cakes, the specialty of the village. You can also go for a walk on the wonderful promenade and enjoy the sun, beach, and maybe go for a swim.
When your tour finishes, your guide will drive you back to Cannes.
Inclusions for Full-day Italian Riviera Villages Tour From Cannes
- Entrance fees
- Professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Full-day Italian Riviera Villages Tour From Cannes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Corniche d'or Vespa Guided Tour
- Cannes Vespa Guided Tour Food and Wine tasting
- Cannes Shore Excursion : Private Custom Tour French Riviera Highlights with Local Guide
- Cannes Vespa Scooter Rental
- Perfume Factory Visit & Workshop in Grasse
- La Villa du Parfumeur
- Full-Day Private Cannes Shore Excursion: Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo
- Private Customized Full-Day French Riviera Tour with Guide from Cannes