Full Day Jerusalem Tour: In Jesus' Steps
OverviewWalk in Jesus' steps on this tour. In this tour your will visit many significant places that are mentioned in the Bible.
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYour tour starts on the Mount of Olives atthe Church of the Ascension, where you will meet your guide. Mount of Olives, Church of Ascension marks the spot where Jesus ascended to heaven and there is a rock with an imprinted footprint thought to be where Jesus stood before his ascension.
Next you will visitthe Church of the Pater NosterwhereJesus taught the Lords Prayer. There are plaques on the walls with the Lords Prayer written in more than a hundred languages. Visitthe grotto where Jesus would have taught, which is also where Jesus told his disciples of the eminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming. During your time at the Mount of Olives, you will have a breathtaking view ofthe Temple Mount,the Old City and the City of David.
You will also see the Dominus Flevit. The church was built to commemorate the sitewhere Jesus wept over the fate of Jerusalem. You will visit the Franciscan church designed by the famous Antonio Barluzzi. Next iswithout a doubt one of the most impressive sites in Jerusalem and one of the most moving moments in the last days of Jesus, Gethsemane or Church of all Nations. This is the church Jesus prayed alone to God.
Next up on the tour is the Grotto of Gethsemane. The cave is decorated by Crusader frescoes and graffiti. Afterwards see the Tomb of the Virgin Mary. This Crusader church was built over a quarried-out tomb that may well date from the 1st century, surrounded with the atmosphere of the Orthodox Churches, hanging lamps and incense.
The tour then leads you to Bethesda Pools, where it is said Jesus healed the paralytic.The site is a series of reservoirs and medicinal pools excavated in the late 19th century, but it has taken more than 100 years for archaeologists to accurately identify and interpret the site. You will then walk to the Via Dolorosa. There you will enter Old Jerusalemthrough the Lions Gate, and follow the painful path of Jesus on his way to his crucifixion. You will then see the Austrian Hospice, the first national pilgrims guesthouse in the Holy Land, dated from 1863, before moving onto see the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. This is the final station of the tour and will be where you leave your guide.
Inclusions for Full Day Jerusalem Tour: In Jesus' Steps
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Full Day Jerusalem Tour: In Jesus' Steps
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Negev Private Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Private Tour: Sea of Galilee Day Tour from Jerusalem Tel Aviv or Haifa
- Bethlehem Private Guide Half Day Tour from Jerusalem
- Bethlehem Half Day private Tour From Jerusalem
- Sacred Jewish Sites Tour from Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed and Mount Meron
- Masada and Ein Gedi Nature Reserve Day Trip from Jerusalem
- Overnight Small Group: Gems of the Golan Heights from Jerusalem
- Private Tour: Old Port of Jaffa, Tel Aviv and Nalagaat Center Day Trip from Jerusalem