Full-Day Karajia Sarcophagi And Caverns Of Quiocta Tour From ChachapoyasWrite a Review
OverviewBe enchanted by impressive Karajia Sarcophagi and Quiocta Cavern. An exciting combination of adventure and history. Take this opportunity to learn more about the Chachapoyas cultural beliefs and discover the impressive burial structures of Karajia, unique in the world, located on the cliff-side. Also enjoy an exciting adventure getting inside Quiocta Cavern where we will walk through the darkness with flashlights to see interesting rock formations such as stalactites and stalagmites. You cannot miss it!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourEarly in the morning we will depart from Chachapoyas City to head towards Cruz Pata Village, where our adventure starts. We will hike for 20 minutes approximately until discover the Karajia Sarcophagi site located on the cliff side. These sarcophagi belongs to the Chachapoyas pre-Inca culture and this form of burial is considered unique in the world because it is made of stone, wood and clay, with anthropomorphic form, which can measure up to 2.5 meters high.
After contemplate this impressive and unique Chachapoyas burial structures, we will return for lunch to the city of Luya.
We will continue our adventure visiting another amazing attraction but in this occasion of natural character: Quiocta Caverns. It shows all the beauty of the typical cavern scenery with stalagmites and bizarre forms of the limestone sculptures. We will walk through the darkness with flashlights to see this interesting rock formations.
Return to the city of Chachapoyas.
Inclusions for Full-Day Karajia Sarcophagi And Caverns Of Quiocta Tour From Chachapoyas
- Professional guide
- Vehicle (rountrip from and to Chachapoyas)
Exclusions for Full-Day Karajia Sarcophagi And Caverns Of Quiocta Tour From Chachapoyas
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (light hiking boots).
Bring at least 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, repellent and camara with extra battery
In rainy season (November to March): Bring raincoat
Quiocta cavern: Not suitable for claustrophobic people
Caverns of Quiocta: Use rubber boots and bring flashlight.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.