OverviewWest Cork is famous for its unique, diverse and beautiful landscapes. From the gourmet capital of Ireland Kinsale, to British forts in Charles Fort to the sinking o the Lusitania to pagan stone circles in Drumbeg West Cork has it all. Not to mention some of its great legendary figures including Henry Ford, Michael Collins but to name a few.
Today we aim to show you the very best of West Cork so that you shall understand how the past and present lived and enjoyed this beautiful landscape which will be ours to admire on this great adventure.
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour09.30am Depart Cork
We depart from cork at 09.30am. Meet your guide at Bridge Street Tourist Office, which is in the heart of Cork City next to St Patrick's Bridge and St Patrick's Quay!Charles Fort
We will spend approximately 1 hour at Charles Fort. YOUR ADMISSION IS INCLUDED! Charles Fort is a classic example of a late 17th century star-shaped fort. As one of the largest military installations in the country, Charles Fort has been associated with some well known events in Irish history. From the Fort you will also enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Kinsale Harbour and the West Cork coast.Kinsale
We make our way to Kinsale where you will enjoy 1.5 hours free-time! Kinsale is known as one of the prettiest towns in Ireland. Nestling in the shelter of Kinsale Harbour this town is truly a joy to explore. Walk the medieval lane ways and visit some of the historic buildings. There is a great selection of small shops, and if you are hungry a wide choice of lunch options. Kinsale is well known as the gourmet capital of Ireland, so you have an opportunity at this lunch stop to taste many local dishes along with a vast array of seafood plates.Timoleague Abbey
Situated in the most colorful town of Timoleague with its array of multi-colored houses we stop to explore the 13th century Timoleague Abbey founded by Darthmount McCormick McCarthy king of Desmond. It will introduce us to how Christian Communicty existed in the early ages.Garret's town/Old Head of Kinsale
Once again we take a coastal drive via Garret's town beach and the old head of Kinsale, off which the Lusitania was sunk in 1915. Enjoy dramatic views as we enjoy part of the famous Wild Atlantic Way drive!Return To Cork
We make our way back to Cork City, arriving at 17.00 approx after a great day inspired by the beauty of West Cork.
Inclusions for Full-Day Kinsale And West Cork Tour
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Full-Day Kinsale And West Cork Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.