This tour combines the best of Lamma Island. Perfect for people who have limited time but want to see a part of Hong Kong that they would never have guessed even existed. In the morning, you will explore the beautiful and remote southern coastline of Lamma Island by sea kayak before hiking into the Sea Turtle Marine Reserve (closed to boats from June to Oct). Your afternoon is spent swimming at the beach and trekking over the island back to our Sok Kwu Wan sea kayak base. A beautiful and wild part of Hong Kong that few visitors have seen.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourFrom the base, you will paddle through a traditional, floating fish farm that is the mainstay of the local economy. The bird life here is spectacular with herons, egrets and kites all getting a free lunch! Your paddle takes you out into Lamma Channel before getting to the southern coast of the island to view the beautiful and remote granite cliffs.
The destination is a golden white sand beach that rings this crescent bay. You will have a swim and lunch here, and then leave your kayaks to your afternoon hike. Starting with a short hike to Turtle Beach to view the only nesting place in Hong Kong for the endangered green sea turtle.
Continue hiking onto the ridge that spans both the north and south sections of Lamma island. The views along the ridge are beautiful, looking out over the South China Sea or back to Hong Kong Island.Our afternoon trek ends back at the sea kayak base at Sok Kwu Wan to enable you to catch a return ferry back to Hong Kong Island.
Inclusions for Full-Day Lamma Island Sea Kayaking And Hiking Tour From Hong Kong
- All activities
- Picnic lunch
- Drinks and snacks
- All kayaking equipment
- Professional guide/instructor
- Souvenir photography of the sea kayak trip (waterproof camera)
Exclusions for Full-Day Lamma Island Sea Kayaking And Hiking Tour From Hong Kong
- Ferry tickets to and from Lamma Island
- Any extra food or drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Itinerary:9:05am Arrive Sok Kwu Wan – meet the instructors and other travelers. Hike to Sea Kayak Hong Kong base to change into kayaking gear
9:30am – Prepare the kayaks
10:00am – Practice session to learn kayak control techniques
10:30am – Sea kayak south around the coastline to Tung O
12:00pm – Lunch and swim at the beach. Change to hiking clothes
1:00pm – Hike to Turtle Beach
2:00pm – Hike to Yung Shue Wan
4:30pm – Conclusion
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Previous kayaking experience required.
Reasonable fitness is required. Able to hike 4 miles (8 km) and paddle 3 miles (6 km)
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Only English speaking instructors and guides
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Please kindly provide your local contact information upon booking if available
Due to the effect that wind (direction and speed), swells (waves) and tidal currents have on any sea kayak journey, your tour operator might need to redirect the trip to the north or south Lamma Island trip at the last minute, without further notice. This is a safety issue and would only be implemented if the conditions in the chosen tour would be unsafe to proceed. Please understand that safety cannot be compromised when dealing with the power of the ocean and weather.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.