Full-Day Lamma Island Sea Kayaking And Hiking Tour From Hong Kong
OverviewThis tour combines the best of Lamma Island. Perfect for people who have limited time but want to see a part of Hong Kong that they would never have guessed even existed. In the morning, you will explore the beautiful and remote southern coastline of Lamma Island by sea kayak before hiking into the Sea Turtle Marine Reserve (closed to boats from June to Oct). Your afternoon is spent swimming at the beach and trekking over the island back to our Sok Kwu Wan sea kayak base. A beautiful and wild part of Hong Kong that few visitors have seen.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
From the sea kayak base, you will paddle through a traditional, floating fish farm that is the mainstay of the local economy. The bird life here is spectacular with grey herons, white egrets and black kites all getting a free lunch! Your paddle takes you out into the East Lamma Channel before getting to the southern coast of the island to view the beautiful and remote granite cliffs.
Our destination is a golden sand beach that rings this crescent bay. Here you can have a swim and lunch. We leave the kayaks here to start our afternoon hike.
We visit Sham Wan (Turtle Bay) which is an easy 15-minute walk to view the only nesting place in Hong Kong for the endangered Green Sea Turtle except during July to October when the beach is closed to visitors to protect the hatchery from destruction (breeding season).
The coastal hike is about 7 k's on an easy grade with plenty of shade, very much appreciated hot sunny days. On the way,you will learn some of the histories of the island as you pass through deserted stone villages and abandoned ginger farms. A fascinating island that time has forgotten.
Our day finishes with time to catch the 5:35 pm ferry back to the city of Hong Kong.
This day trip is divided into 2 sections, which may be reversed depending on wind, sea or tidal conditions.
Inclusions for Full-Day Lamma Island Sea Kayaking And Hiking Tour From Hong Kong
- All activities
- Picnic lunch
- Drinks and snacks
- All kayaking equipment
- Professional guide/instructor
- Souvenir photography of the sea kayak trip (waterproof camera)
Exclusions for Full-Day Lamma Island Sea Kayaking And Hiking Tour From Hong Kong
- Ferry tickets to and from Lamma Island
- Any extra food or drinks (available to purchase at local shops)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Itinerary:9:05am Arrive Sok Kwu Wan – meet the instructors and other travelers. Hike to Sea Kayak Hong Kong base to change into kayaking gear
9:30am – Prepare the kayaks
10:00am – Practice session to learn kayak control techniques
10:30am – Sea kayak south around the coastline to Tung O
12:00pm – Lunch and swim at the beach. Change to hiking clothes
1:00pm – Hike to Turtle Beach
2:00pm – Hike to Yung Shue Wan
4:30pm – Conclusion
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Previous kayaking experience IS required.
Reasonable fitness is required. Able to hike 4 miles (8 km) and paddle 3 miles (6 km)
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travellers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Only English speaking instructors and guides
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Please provide your local contact information upon booking.
Make sure you have a hearty breakfast before tour departure as the day is very active
Due to the effect that wind (direction and speed), swells (waves) and tidal currents have on any sea kayak journey, your tour operator might need to modify or even change to a more protected trip at the last minute, without notice. This is a safety issue and would only be implemented if the conditions in the chosen tour would be unsafe to proceed. Please understand that safety cannot be compromised when dealing with the power of the ocean and weather.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.