Full-Day Long Tan Battlefield Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
OverviewVisit the only Australian military base from the Vietnam War on this full-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Travel through the countryside to Nui Dat to visit the base of the 1st Australian Task Force and learn about the battle of Long Tan.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
The battle at Long Tan is the most famous battle fought by the Australian Army during the Vietnam War. This battle took place in a rubber plantation. On 18 August 2016 a low-key ceremony was held on the site of the battle; more than 1,000 Australian veterans and their families travelled to Viet Nam to participate in the 50th anniversary commemoration. The tour will begin with a departure for Ba Ria - Vung Tau Province by minivan. The local guide will take you to the site of Long Tan Battlefield where you will visit the former 1st Australian Task Force at Nui Dat. In a somber moment, we will visit the Australian Memorial established at Long Tan for the 17 Australian Infantrymen and one APC crewman killed in action during the Battle of Long Tan on August 18, 1966. Then, we pay tribute to the fallen soldiers from the battle of Long Tan, we will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before going back to Ho Chi Minh City.
This trip is interesting for those who want to know more about Vietnamese history of war. Through this trip, you can learn and understand more about Vietnamese people and wars in the past time.
Inclusions for Full-Day Long Tan Battlefield Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fee
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Full-Day Long Tan Battlefield Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 is required to book
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ho Chi Minh City Private Airport Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppet Show Including Dinner Cruise
- Private Evening Food Tour Including Bitexco Financial Tower Visit
- Private Mekong Delta Tour Including Ben Tre
- 4-Day Ho Chi Minh City Stay Including Round-Trip Airport Transfer
- Full-Day Rural Life Tour in Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong Rural Life 2-Day Home-Stay from Ho Chi Minh