Full-Day Marrakech Sightseeing Tour - Marrakesh
OverviewSee the monuments and palaces of Marrakech on a full-day private tour. Youll enjoy the citys historical gardens and the artists and entertainers at Djemaa el-Fna square and experience the exotic atmosphere of the medinas and souks.
Know More about this tour
The name Marrakech originates from the Amazigh (Berber) words mur (n) akush, which means "Land of God." It is the third largest city in Morocco after Casablanca and Rabat, and lies near the foothills of the snow capped Atlas Mountains..
Djemaa El-Fna :
Is the highlight of any Marrakech night. Musicians, dancers, and story tellers pack this square at the heart of the medina, filling it with a cacophony of drum beats and excited shouts. Scores of stalls sell a wide array of Moroccan fare (see the Eat section) and you will almost certainly be accosted by women wanting to give you a henna tattoo. Enjoy the various shows, but be prepared to give some Dirhams to watch. By day it is largely filled with snake charmers and people with monkeys, as well as some of the more common stalls.
The Souks or markets of Marrakech :
Just adjacent to Place Djemaa El-Fna, are where you can buy almost anything. From spices to shoes, jellabas to kaftans, tea pots to tagines and much, much more. Undoubtedly, being a foreigner means you will end up paying higher prices than a native would, but be sure to bargain nonetheless. If you happen to run out of dirhams, you'll also find plenty of people in the souks who will eagerly exchange your dollars or euros (though a fair rate here is less likely than at an official exchange). All that said, the sellers here are much less aggressive than say, Egypt or Turkey, so have fun!
Koutoubia Mosque :
It is said that the minaret of the Koutoubia mosque is to Marrakech, as the Eiffel Tower for Paris. The minaret is visible from Gueliz which is connected to the Medina by Avenue Mohammed V. At night, the mosque is beautifully lit.
El Bahia Palace :
Is an ornate and beautiful palace, popular with guided tours and stray cats. The palace is well worth a visit and gives a great impression of what it must have been like to be a 19th century nobleman in Morocco.
El Badi Palace :
Is a palace now in ruins and inhabited by storks and stray cats. There are some underground passageways to explore. The view from the terrace is majestic.
The Menara gardens:
Which are located west of the city, and consist of a mixture of orchards and olive groves surrounding a central pavilion which is a popular sight on tourist postcards. The pavilion was built during the 16th century Saadi dynasty, and renovated in 1869.
Were not discovered until the beginning of the 20th century. They have been preserved just like they were during the glory days of the Saadian rulers.
Majorelle Gardens :
It provides an excellent respite from the hustle and bustle of the city streets. .
Dar Si Said Museum : On Rue Riad Zitoun Jdid, is a museum 5 min away from Djemaa El-Fna. Set in an old palace
Inclusions for Full-Day Marrakech Sightseeing Tour
- Entrance fees (Majorelle Gardens: 7 to pay on the spot)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Full-Day Marrakech Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Small Group Tour: Marrakech Walking Tour
- Full-Day Atlas Mountains and Berber Villages Private Tour from Marrakech
- Essaouira Day Tour from Marrakech
- Sunset Camel Ride in the Palm Grove of Marrakech
- Private Ait Ben Haddou and Telouet Day Trip from Marrakech
- Marrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour