Full Day Memories Of My Lai Tour From Da NangWrite a Review
From USD 85
OverviewTake a day trip to travel back in time and learn first hand about the tragedies of the My Lai Massacre that occurred during the Vietnam War. Explore the village of My Lai to interact with the locals and visit the museum to learn more about this tragedy.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Da Nang, your tour to My Lai starts with a stop at the Pig Market in the village, where you can see a bit of daily life for the local people here. On the way to My Lai, you will also visit Chien Dan Cham Tower, one of the Champa towers.
The village of My Lai is sadly famous because of the mass murder of 300 to 500 civilians during the Vietnam War (known as the American War locally). On March 16, 1968, the soldiers of the Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment and 11th Brigade of the American Division entered the village looking for Viet Cong soldiers. Some American soldiers suspected that some of the enemies were hiding in the village and being protected by the villagers. This led to massacre of unarmed civilians, including women, children, and the elderly.
This trip to the historical site of My Lai provides more insight into the tragedies of the war as you see the location firsthand and interact with locals. You will visit the museum, meet villagers, and walk around the village to see sites of the killings.
Your tour ends with return to Da Nang.
Inclusions for Full Day Memories Of My Lai Tour From Da Nang
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and bottled water
- Travel insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Memories Of My Lai Tour From Da Nang
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Guides who speak languages other than English are available on request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.