Full-Day Meteora Photography Tour From AthensWrite a Review
OverviewDiscover the photographic highlights of Meteora's rocks, accompanied by a professional photographer. Learn the tips and techniques of landscape photography on this guided, full-day, private tour. You and up to 7 friends or family members, using your own cameras, will learn practical tips from a professional photographer guide, capturing the details that many amateurs miss. See the famous sunset at Meteorafrom an entirely new perspective and get creative pictures from the monasteries. Tickets for your train ride from Athens to Meteoraand back are included.
- Led by a professional photographer
- Small-group tour
- Family friendly
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tourYou will meet your photographer at the Athens train station 30 minutes before train departure at 8:27am. The Athens train station is accessible by Athens metro. You will disembark from Athens and venture to Kalampaka, a town near Meteora. Upon arriving (at approx 1:18pm) you and your photographer will start photographing the traditional village of Kastraki which lies on the footpath of the Meteora rocks.
The day will take you on an unprecedented tour around the UNESCO Heritage site of Meteora, photographing its multitude of unique visual highlights. In your private vehicle and with some light walking, you and your guide will spend about 3 hours visiting some ancient monasteries which sit atop these rock formations, and exploring the beautiful landscape. You will also have 1 hour of free time during your visit, to wander around the city of Kalampaka or enjoy a nice meal (not included). Learn how to photograph at different times of the day, and as you progress toward sunset you will be presented with a magical view only found in Meteora.
The day ends with an evening train ride back to Athens (approx. 5:32pm). This time can be spent discussing favorite photos from the trip or relaxing your exhausted creativity from the day. You will arrive back to Athens around 10:12pm.
Inclusions for Full-Day Meteora Photography Tour From Athens
- Entrance fees to monasteries
- Train ticket from and to Athens
- Professional photographer guide
- Small-group private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Full-Day Meteora Photography Tour From Athens
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Tripod rental (please request this in a message to the tour operator)
- Food and drinks (lunch, dinner, snacks)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums; No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women; You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Food and drink is available on the train for you to purchase, but you are also allowed to bring your own food, drinks; Purchases in the train are cash only
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
Not wheelchair accessible
Tripod available for renting (please send message tour operator requesting this)
Duration of tour is approx. 14 hours
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age to take the tour is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.