Full-Day Montserrat Monastery And Sagrada Familia Tour - Barcelona
OverviewGet to know two important places while you are visiting Barcelona city. This 11-hour guided tour not only invites you to get to know the spirituality of Montserrat and the amazing architecture of Sagrada Fammilia, but also to have the opportunity of knowing the beautiful culture of Catalonia. Fall in love with the architecture of the Basilica which combines Gothic and Renaissance styles. See the beautiful atrium and sacristy, and get an appreciation of the talents of the singers, composers, and teachers through the explanatory audiovisual showing the choir line.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Depart in early morning from the meeting point in Barcelona'sPlaza Catalunya. Visit the Museum of Montserrat and marvel at its cultural heritage. Here you can learn all about the archeology of the East given by Mesopotamia, Cyprus, Egypt and Palestine. You can also admire old paintings from the 13th thru 18th centuries by artists such as Morales, El Greco, Berruguete, Caravaggio, among others.
When you get back to Barcelona in the afternoon you will have free time to eat at one of the many culinary options in the surrounding area (at own expense) before heading to the Cathedral of Sagrada Familia. See the facades and the interior of the basilica, and acquire essential knowledge that only your guide can give about the symbolism representing the 'Holy Family' as an expression of Christian ideology and faith through the construction in stone. In this temple you will identify an exaltation of the 'Family of Nazareth' as a model for a united family, and Christians.
This full day tour ends around 6pm, when you arrive back at the meeting point.
Inclusions for Full-Day Montserrat Monastery And Sagrada Familia Tour
- Professional guide
- Liquor tasting
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for Full-Day Montserrat Monastery And Sagrada Familia Tour
- Food and drinks
- Access to the Sagrada Familia Towers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please note that you need to cover you arms and legs to go into the church
The Sagrada Familia is not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 5 years
The Montserrat tour has a duration of 6 hours and the Sagrada Familia tour has a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. You have some hours of free time between both tours
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.