Full-Day Mount Wolchulsan National Park Hiking Trip - Seoul
OverviewMount Wolchul National Park is filled with special and unique rocky mountain peaks. With your local, professional guide, experience the mountains that rise dramatically from the flat farmlands of Gangjin and Yeongam counties southwest ofGwangju. Its highest peak, Cheonhwangbong, rises 809 meters. With your small-group, watch the sunset to the west, which is beautiful beyond description. The name Wolchul appropriately means "mountain where the moonrises." Tourist attractions include a 52-meter-long suspension bridge that connects two peaksand a sitting Buddha statue designated as a National Treasure.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Start your tour by meeting your guide at your place at 7:30 am and head to Jeolla Province.You will begin walking towards Cheonghwangsa Temple. Much of the trail, in the beginning, is a combination of woods and bamboo. After Cheonghwangsa Temple the trail is pretty rugged and steep.
As you make your way up, there are a few clearings you can stop and take a look out. After about an hour of going up, You can reach the Cloud Bridge (Hanging Bridge). You will cross the bridge, 120m from the ground, 52m long, and 6m wide. The surrounding landscape really makes this Cloud Bridge a great experience. When you reach the top of Wolchulsan Mountain, there is a large flat granite rock that can fit up to 300 people. Staring down from here gives you a great view of Wolchulsan Mountain. The rocky peaks of Mt. Wolchulsan form a charming collection of fantastic rocks of different forms and sizes. Some are highly reminiscent of human figures while others remind viewers of various animals and even works of art by the great masters. Mt. Wolchulsan also contains a number of fine vantage points overlooking the meanders of the Yeongsangang River.
On the way down to Dogapsa and Muwisa Temples, there is a field of reeds by the road that becomes spectacularly beautiful during fall. The sunset in the west is also beautiful beyond description. In the spring, the azaleas, in the summer the cool waterfalls, in the fall, all kinds of lovely colors, and in the winter, the snow-covered mountains and valleys Wolchulsan National Park is truly a wonderful site to visit all year around.
Inclusions for Full-Day Mount Wolchulsan National Park Hiking Trip
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for Full-Day Mount Wolchulsan National Park Hiking Trip
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 8 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Boseong Green Tea Festival from Seoul
- Night Food Tour in Seoul with Traditional and Modern Cuisine
- Group Seochon Korean BBQ Walking Tour
- 4 in 1 Tour Strawberry Picking and Nami Island with The Garden of Morning Calm
- Seoul Highlights Small-Group Tour with Lunch and Nanta Show
- Seoul Private Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Tour
- Korean Culture Walking Tour with Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Seoul-Gyeonggi Small Group Customizable Full-Day Private Tour