Full Day Mountain Bike Tour To Death Road From La Paz
OverviewTake part in this opportunity to bike down the worlds most dangerous road. You will be accompanied by English speaking, safety and rescuing trained guides. Get all the safety equipment and an amazing full suspension bike to suit your size. Bike for 4 to 5 hours (approx. 64 Km or 40mi) from an amazing altitude of 4,200 (Andes mountain range) to 1,200 (entrance to the Bolivian Amazon) meters above the sea level. Transportation from La paz (with select hotel pickup/drop-off) snacks, water, lunch, showers and time in the swimming pool upon arrival, are included. You will also get a free t-shirt and pictures and videos of the day to make the day unforgettable.
- Buffet lunch included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Begin the day at 7:45am with a meeting at the bike office in La Paz (if your select hotel is not eligible for pickup). Leave at 8am and head up to La Cumbre (start point), which takes about 1 hour on the van. Upon arrival, you will be 4,200m above sea level. You will get to the summit where instructions will be given by the guides. For about an hour you will be riding on a paved road, until you reach the uphill part - not to worry, you will still be in the van. An entrance fee has to be paid in this part (50 Bs. or 7 USD).
After a short ride on the van you get to the second part where for about three and a half hours you will be going through the famous Death Road on bike. On the way there will be breaks in which you can take pictures, and while you get more instructions by the guides, you will also have your bike checked.
You will get to a warm little town called Yolosita at 1,100m above sea level, from there we take the van and will head to a hotel where you will have a buffet lunch, showers and free time to use a swimming pool. After this relaxing time, you head back to La Paz on a journey in the van for about 3 hours.
Once in La Paz you will be taken to the bike office to get your free t-shirt and DVD with the pictures of the day on it. Tour ends here at approximately 8pm.
Inclusions for Full Day Mountain Bike Tour To Death Road From La Paz
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Water and snacks
- Buffet lunch
- Full suspension bike and safety equipment
- Pictures and videos of the day
Exclusions for Full Day Mountain Bike Tour To Death Road From La Paz
- Entrance fees (50 Bs. or 7 USD)
- Drinks during lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
If you want to head to Rurrenabaque after the tour, our guides will help you to get a taxi or bus to Coroico
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.