At 08:00 am, we will pick you up from your hotel in the city center of Cusco, get your bike ready and go to Chinchero by public bus, which is 40 minutes far from Cusco. This is where we will begin our biking tour through the Andes. We will first visit Moray, the main Inca agriculture laboratory, afterwards have lunch in one of the small towns and then continue our adventure trip to the Maras Salt Mines (Salineras). We will then end the day with a downhill ride to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. This trip is for bikers of all levels of experience, mixing the activity of biking while learning about the ancient Inca culture.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 6 Hrs
Departure Time :
8 am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Departure Details :
your hotel in Cusco
Return Details :
your hotel in Cusco
OverviewThe great amount of trails surrounding the city of Cusco, in the heart of the Andes in southern Peru, are a paradise for mountain bikers. In the highland region, thousands of trails and paths reveal beautiful landscapes, Inca remains and friendly local people. Exploring these trails combine adventure and relaxation and provide a fun ride for mountain bikers with all levels of experience! Please join us in this new, exciting way to tour Peru! This one-day mountain biking trip takes you through the Andes surrounding Cusco, to the town of Maras and the Inca terraces of Moray. This tour is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced bikers. You will ride on your choice of roads, passing through small villages for approximately 5 hours (35 km). You will eat lunch at Moray and continue the day with a visit to the Pre-Inca salt terraces of Salineras: the perfect way to spend a free day around Cusco.
- Tourist bus
- Professional tour guide in English (private groups can choose any language)
- Local cellphone
- 24-hour-support from company owner
- Lunch (we recommend you to bring a snack because nearby you will not find any good restaurant)
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTG): We recommend you to buy the General Tourist Ticket that allows you to visit 15 places, including the ruins of Cusco and the museums. Otherwise you can purchase a one day partial ticket which allows a one day visit of the Circles of Moray. This is in case you are not planning to visit any of the Cusco sites.
- Maras entrance ticket (additional 10 Soles)
- Insurance of any kind
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We recommend you to bring:
Student card if you book your tour as student
Water (although you can buy this anywhere too)
Sun protections (sun cream, hat)
Rainjacket or rain poncho (in the rainy season)
Money for souvenirs
Comfortable walking shoes
Some warm clothing
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.