Full-day Mumbai City Tour Including Gateway Of India Dhobi Ghat Museum And Marine Drive
OverviewSpend a day in the sparkling city of Mumbai and get a complete view of India's Economic Hub.You will be overwhelmed by the spirit of the city and the rich heritage it houses. Exploring the famous British-built landmark, the Gateway of India and Prince of Wales Museum is a must for every visitor in this city. The drive through the city will let you see the city from close quarters. You get to visit the famous historical buildings, open-air laundries better known as dhobi Ghats. A relaxing evening at the astounding Marine drive, popularly named, the Queen’s Necklace awaits you after touring the city. Here, you get to experience the mighty aura of the majestic Arabian Sea.
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked between 09:30 – 10:00am from your hotel to start your sightseeing in the amazing city, Mumbai with local An English Speaking Guide will accompany you.
The famous monument, the main tourist attraction in Mumbai, the Gateway of India is decked with four turrets and its yellow basalt stone structure has delicate latticework carved in it. Stands the rich and famous Royal Taj Mahal Hotel. This hotel is a witness of priceless memories of this glorious city. The Taj Towers located near the hotel is another appealing building for its wonderful architecture.
Listed next on your trip is the exclusive Prince of Wales Museum, (closed on Monday). Built between 1904 and 1914, this museum was used as a hospital during the First World War. The museum stores an invaluable collection of one of the best art found in India. The exquisite display of antiques, miniature paintings, jade, china and many other artefacts is spellbinding.
Then, you will catch a glimpse of the other famous buildings of Mumbai as we drive you past the University of Bombay, High Court of Bombay and Crawford Market. Situated at the crest of the Malabar Hills is the Hanging Gardens. Here you can enjoy the much wanted greenery amidst all the concrete and cement structures. A drive on the Malabar hill will give you an impression about the posh residential area of the city of Mumbai. You will also be taken to visit the esteemed Gandhi Memorial Museum (Mani Bhavan) and the religious Jain Temple.
Recognized as the world's largest outdoor laundry, the Dhobi Ghat is exclusive to the city of Mumbai. Watch the washer men or the 'dhobis' provide an efficient service, gathering dirty laundry, cleaning it and returning it perfectly ironed, and all this at an exceptionally small price. They remove persistent stains by soaking clothes in a boiling vat of caustic soda. They dry the clothes on long bright coloured lines and use heavy woodburning irons for neatly pressing the clothes. The spectacular site this dhobi ghat provides is a photographer's delight, though the locals here find it bewildering that their daily work arouses such interest among visitors.
After visiting the Dhobi Ghat, We head towards the drive past Bandra Worli Sea Link.
Evening around 4 – 5 PM we will take you to the beautiful Marine Drive, popularly known as the Queen's Necklace. Here, you can sit and relax (30 – 60 Minutes) taking in the spellbinding view the Arabian Sea offers. This is one of the most favourite places of all Mumbaikars and becomes a favourite of every person visiting the city- such is the aura of the place. After spending a splendid day in this lovely beautiful city of Mumbai, later we drop you back to the hotel marking the end of your trip here.
Inclusions for Full-day Mumbai City Tour Including Gateway Of India Dhobi Ghat Museum And Marine Drive
- Entrance fees
- Professional Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-day Mumbai City Tour Including Gateway Of India Dhobi Ghat Museum And Marine Drive
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Walking Tour of Dharavi Slum
- Private Slum and Bollywood Tour Including Lunch
- Mumbai Private Tour: Half Day Bollywood Studio Tour
- Private Overnight-Tour of Mumbai Including Gateway of India and Dhobi Ghat
- Private Tour: Malabar Hill, Mani Bhavan and Dhobi Ghat in Mumbai
- Private Mumbai by Night Tour Including Dinner