Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center And Karen Blixen Museum Guided Tour
OverviewThis full-day guided tour makes a loop around Nairobi exploring Nairobi national park, observing orphaned elephants at the David Sheldrick Animal Orphanage, getting a birds eye view of rare Rothschild giraffes in a conservation sanctuary, and learning about author Karen Blixen, of 'Out of Africa' fame, in her former home turned museum.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourFollowing pickup from your Nairobi hotel at 7am, youll head straight to Nairobi National Park. There youll enjoy wildlife game viewing and opportunities to see lions and rhinos. Youll spend a few hours at the park before embarking on a 30-minute drive to the David Sheldrick Wild Trusts elephant orphanage.
Named for a conservationist who has become the premier authority on the successful raising of milk-dependent infant elephant and rhino orphans, the sanctuary is only open for tours for one hour, between 11am and noon, each day. During this hour the baby elephants are brought out to play and to feed.
Youll then stop at a local souvenir station en route to the feeding platform at the Giraffe Center, a 20-minute drive west. The center, established by Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville in 1979 as a sanctuary for the rare Rothschild giraffe, youll see giraffes from an elevated treetop area.
Lunch is at your own expense at the Utamaduni-Verandah restaurant. The time allocated includes chances for shopping and a stop for kazuri beads.
Afterwards, you'll visit the Karen Blixen Museum, housed in former farmstead home of Out of Africa autobiographer Karen Blixen, before heading north to the Bomas of Kenya, a tourist village. The village displays traditional dwellings belonging to several Kenyan tribes. Traditional dancers and acrobats will perform for you and invite you to join in the celebration of local culture.Your tour finishes around 5pm with a drop off at your Nairobi hotel. Note that this tour does not offer child pricing and does not include any attraction entrance fees.
Inclusions for Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center And Karen Blixen Museum Guided Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center And Karen Blixen Museum Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Nairobi national park $43
- David sheldrck $5
- Giraffe center $10
- Karen Blixen $12
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3 Days Masai Mara Safari
- 11 Days 10 Nights Bush and Beach Safari
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND KEEKOROK LODGE
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND AA LODGE
- WILD PHOTO EXPEDITION KENYA
- 2 Days Amboseli Safari
- 4-Days Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru Luxury Safari All Inclusive
- Lake Nakuru Day Trip From Nairobi