Full Day Old And New Delhi Capital City Tour Including India Gate, Red Fort And Lotus Temple
OverviewDiscover the historical city of Delhi on your visit to India. Explore the heritage sites and learn about the diverse culture of this amazing city. Get to know about the golden past of India and Delhi which has been serving as its capital city since time immemorial.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAt 9am the driver will meet you at your hotel lobby and drive for full day Delhi city tour with English-speaking local guide.
Start your tour from most magnificent monument Red fort.
Red Fort The Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan built the Red Fort as his ruling palace. Also known as Lal Qila, it is one of the most magnificent monuments in Delhi. Red Fort has two main gateways; Lahori Gate and Delhi Gate, situated on the center of the Western and Southern sides, respectively. After the fort tour your will enjoy a rickshaw ride. Then move to India Gate and drive by parliament and president house.
Then, visit India Gate Center of the city, India Gate is almost similar to its French counterpart that honors around 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives while fighting for British Army during the World War I. Here you can do photography and drive to Humayun Tomb. Humayun's Tomb was built in 1565 A.D., posthumously, in the memory of Humayun by his widow Hemida Banu Begum. Also known as Tomb of the Perfect Man or 'Insan-i-Kamil', which now stands as a UNESCO Heritage site.
After Humayun Tomb driver will take you to Lotus temple (Humayun Tomb Visit will be only on Monday instead of Red Fort)
The Lotus Temple which is located in South Delhi is also known as 'Bahai House of Worship'. This 20th century wonder made of marble, dolomite, cement and sand is dedicated in December 1986. This temple represents the Baha'i faith - founded by Baha'ullah, an independent world religion. The Lotus Temple is in the form of a white half-opened lotus flower.
After Lotus Temple visit, guide will take you in famous Handicraft shops where you can buy some of gifts etc .. Later enjoy Lunch at Local Restaurant. After lunch driver will take you Qutub Minar. It is a victory tower, Qutubuddin Aibak laid the foundation of Qutab Minar in 1199 AD and it was completed by his successor Iltutmish in 1368. Qutub Minar is 72.5 meters tall. Built in red sandstones, the inscriptions of verses of holy Quran and some elaborated carvings have been displayed on the tower. After Qutub Minar, the driver will take you back to your hotel in Delhi.
Note the order of visiting attraction may change depends on your hotel location
Inclusions for Full Day Old And New Delhi Capital City Tour Including India Gate, Red Fort And Lotus Temple
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Old And New Delhi Capital City Tour Including India Gate, Red Fort And Lotus Temple
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
A small amount of walking is involved
Note if you are taking this tour on Monday then Red fort Visit will be not part of this tour because Fort closed on this day. Lotus Temple also closed on Monday but we shall arrange the outside visit of Lotus temple in case you are doing this tour on Monday. Then we shall arrange the Visit of Humayun's Tomb instead of Red Fort
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.