Full-Day Photographic Tour Of Sarkofagen And Longyearbreen
OverviewYou will start your trip in Longyeardalen by hiking up the east side of Sarkofagen alongside your guide during this full day small group tour. The path will bring you alongside the glacier Larsbreen and through its moraine material. On top of Sarkofagen you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and some cookies. You'll also have enough time to enjoy and look upon the view over Longyearbyen, the glaciers, and Isfjorden.
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourThis tour includes a glacier crossing with mini spikes and hiking. No previous glacier knowledge is required. You need to be in good physical shape to participate in this tour. We recommend good hiking boots, a wind and waterproof jacket and warm layers to put on once we reach the top of Sarkofagen (512 meters). Keep in mind that this is a polar bear inhabited area. Groups must stay together.
In addition to landscape photography, the tour offers sights of small waterfalls and plenty of photographic opportunities for guests interested in geology.Then your trip continues southwards down to the glacier Longyearbreen, where you will put on some mini spikes and be introduced to the safety basics on glaciers and meltwater channels. On the way back down the valley you may find some Paleogene fossils in the loose moraine sediments of the glacier with fantastic detailing and preservation. During the descent on Longyearbreen you will also see the eastern slope of Nordenskildfjellet to your left-hand site, a mountain that reaches 1050 meters and contains some snow fields even throughout the summer.
Please note: This trip is going up on a glacier and also the way back from Sarkofagen takes us on a glacier. So we may change the route depending on Snow - Avalanche conditions.
Inclusions for Full-Day Photographic Tour Of Sarkofagen And Longyearbreen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Professional photographer guide
- Safety equipment
Exclusions for Full-Day Photographic Tour Of Sarkofagen And Longyearbreen
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please make sure you wear reliable outdoor clothes with a warm base layer and wind and waterproof clothing
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Museum Vessel VITYAZ in Kaliningrad
- Private Arrival Transfer from Marrakech Airport
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA