Full-Day Pilgrimage To Perfume Pagoda Tour - Hanoi
OverviewThe Perfume Pagoda is a vast complex of Buddhist temples and shrines built into the limestone Huong Tich Mountains. Its natural beauty combined with deep spirituality is all about Vietnam and the Vietnamese culture. It is the site of a religious festival which draws large numbers of pilgrims from across Vietnam.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Natural beauty combined with deep spirituality is all about Vietnam and the Vietnamese. The name The Mountain of Fragrant Traces already should captivate travelers, as this is the English name of Huong Tich Mountain. This pilgrimage site, a striking example of a temple constructed inside a cave, truly is an example of the immense beauty and the great length, architects and leaders of a bygone era went to construct sites that inspire awe and draws a huge crowd from across Vietnam during one of its religious festivals.
In the morning, our English-speaking guide and driver wait for you in the lobby and guide you to your air-conditioned car to start your journey Situated some 70 kilometers outside Hanoi, the Perfume (Huong) Pagoda is one of the most famous sites surrounding the city. Set in the beautiful karst cliffs of the Huong Tich Mountain this legendary pagoda attracts thousands of pilgrims every spring after Tet the celebration of Vietnamese New Year - as it is considered a site of great reverence. Be mindful that the climb to the top is a steep should you dare to take on the 2 kilometer hike - one but the views at the end of the stairs are beyond breathtaking. Alternatively, a cable cart runs regularly from the base of the mountain to the top.
Journey first by road where you will see farmers laboring endlessly over their crops, before boarding your simple sampan for the serene ride to the enormous complex of pagodas and shrines built into the cliffs of the Huong Tich Mountain, that are known collectively as the Perfume Pagoda. If one is seeking a definition of living in harmony with nature search no further!You will enjoy a scenic boat trip down the meandering Yen River from My Duc before exploring the pagoda, its temples and caves amidst fascinating views opening from every angle as you move to the top. After a local Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant, the boat will take you back to the jetty for the return transfer to Hanoi. Arrival back in Hanoi will be in the late afternoon with memories of spectacular rock formations, caves with large stalactites and stairways to heaven lingering in your thoughts.
Inclusions for Full-Day Pilgrimage To Perfume Pagoda Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hanoi
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Return cable cart trip to the Perfume Pagoda
- Boat trip over the Yen River
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Exclusions for Full-Day Pilgrimage To Perfume Pagoda Tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations,otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum 2 adults
Price for a child between 2-11 years old can be applied for only 1 child per booking
This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Hanoi city centre. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the capital, harbour and the Hanoi International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal. We appreciate your understanding on this.
We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
We recommend wearing light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Night Sapa Easy Trek and Homestay with Round Trip Transfer from Hanoi
- 2-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola cruise from Hanoi
- 3-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola from Hanoi
- Hanoi Night Market and Street Food Tour
- Hanoi Private Departure Transfer: City Center Hotel to Airport
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise on the Lavender Cruise