Full Day Preah Khan And Neak Pean Temples Tour - Siem Reap
OverviewVisit the Preah Khan (Royal Sword) temple which was built in the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII to honor his father. Also see Neak Pean, an artificial island with a Buddhist temple on the circular island on this private, full day tour. This temple was the center of a substantial organization with almost 100,000 officials and servants. With complimentary hotel pick up and drop off and lunch, your guide will accompany you to these major sites in an air conditioned mini van.
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 8:30am in an air conditioned mini-van, sedan or TukTuk depending on guest numbers. Your driver and guide will accompany you to Preah Khan, a temple with spectacular trees and roots that are taking over the ancient, man-made structures. Explore the delicate carvings and don't miss the only two-story construction in Angkor standing on high columns. Your knowledgeable guide will help you navigate through the temple grounds before continuing further.
Constructed in roughly the same period as Preah Khan, Neak Pean offers a different view altogether. Located in the center of the Northern Baray, this temple is essentially an island and most impressive to view in the wet season. The long raised wooden causeway leading to the temple is surrounded by water and submerged tree trunks lend the scene a ghostly appearance. This is a day tour allowing plenty of time to explore and ask questions.
About 2km the north of Neak Pean, visit East Mebon with five towers represent the five peaks of the mythical Mount Meru. It was built in 952 by king Rajendravarman II, dedicated to Siva (Hindu), an ancestor temple in memory of the parents of the king. With following the Pre Rup style art, Pre Rup was built in 961 by the King Rajendraman II dedicated to the god Siva (Hindi). Pre Rup was regarded as having funerary associations. The name Prerup recalls one of the rituals of cremation in which the silhouette of the body of the deceased, outlined with its ashes, is successively represented.
A delicious healthy lunch (please notify of any special dietary requirements at time of booking) is included and bottled water is available during the whole tour.
Inclusions for Full Day Preah Khan And Neak Pean Temples Tour
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Professional guide and driver
- 1 bottled water per person
- Transport byA/C sedan, or minivan depending on the number of travelers
Exclusions for Full Day Preah Khan And Neak Pean Temples Tour
- Entrance fees
- Drinks (other than supplied bottled water)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A minimum of 2 people per booking will transferred by Tuk Tuk, the 3-wheel vehicle pulled by the motorbike
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.