Full Day Private City Tour Of Kiev
OverviewGet to know Kiev from a local perspective. Not only will we visit St Sophia cathedral, an 11th-century architectural and religious gem, and follow the site development from early medieval Old City into modern Kiev.Spend your free time in Kiev in an efficient and engaging way.Kiev is an amazingly green and hospitable city with ancient history and vibrant business life.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of seating available
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourRoute description:
We meet at the European Square next to the Arch of Friendship and the National Philharmonic.
Next, we walk along Khreshatyk, Kiev Main Street, and come to the notorious Maidan. This is the Independence Square where all key events in Ukraine have happened in recent time.
Walking up Shevchenko boulevard, we come across the National University and Academy of Science, and can admire the Opera House (Also, here you may buy tickets for the evening show if you wish), and come to the Old Town boundaries.
We go through the Golden Gates, a medieval entrance to Kiev fortress and move back in time and find surrounded by St Sophia cathedral, St Michael golden-dome monaster and can get acquainted with Princess Olga and Prince Volodymyr (not in person). We also visit the starting point of Kievan Rus history.
After this, prepare yourself for an enchanting walk along Andrew descent. We call this street which is a descent indeed "a Kiev Montmartre since its here that amateur and professional theatres are located, painters work open-air, street musicians vivify the creative atmosphere, the best souvenirs are presented and the most delicious chocolate and confectionery attract Kievans.
Lunch and refreshment in a local caf.
At Podil area (the lower part of Kiev) we see Kyiv Mohyla Academy, a legendary high school with European traditions; Hostynnyi dvir, a 19th century business center; and Samson fountain a must for every traveler who wishes to come back to Kiev.
Metro ride from Kontraktova Ploscha to Arsenalna (the latter is actually the deepest metro station in the world).
Lastly, we enjoy a simply breathtaking view on Kiev city from the right bank hills, pay respect to WWII veterans and victims of Great Famine (Holodomor) orchestrated by Stalin in 1932, visit maze-like labyrinths of Kiev cave monastery with Orthodox saints imperishable relics and end up at the WWII museum with a steel Motherland statue on top.
Inclusions for Full Day Private City Tour Of Kiev
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Full Day Private City Tour Of Kiev
- Museum Entrance Tickets
- Tickets for Local Transport
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Changes in the route of the trip are available upon request in advance.
Please include a contact cell phone number and e-mail into field "Special requirements" when booking, so we can contact you to provide you with all necessary information and tour-details about the trip and to stay in touch on a day-trip in the case of any emergency.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.