Full-day Private Italian Riviera Tour From Nice: Dolce Acqua, Isolabona, Menton
OverviewThe first stop on this tour will be up in the Italian mountains in a small village called Dolce Acqua. It is a village which climbs the hillside with fine old buildings and a river that winds through the village. Next stop will be another old medieval village called Isolabona where you can soak up the Italian atmosphere relax with an espresso or an ice cream (own expense). Continue on the tour to visit a family whose specialty is olive oil production. The tour finishes with a trip to Menton, a coastal village in France. The town is well known for its festival of citrus fruits.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with a trip up into the Italian hills to admire the views, mountains and beautiful old villages. The first village you will visit is called Dolce Acqua which is located on a slope next to a small river that passes through the village. It's the real Italy away from the crowds of tourists on the coast and it still retains a rural feel. The village is filled with conversation and Italian-style outbursts, where young and old meet in the squares and in the maze of narrow streets. It's good to stop for a real espresso (own expense) and watch the world go by. The rich and turbulent history of the village becomes apparent when you see the huge ruined castle which overlooks the old village and church. On the last Sunday of the month there is a market selling local organic produce. Beekeepers, olive oil-producers, market gardeners, farmers and wine growers come to sell their traditional produce.
You will then continue a little further up to another small mountain village called Isolabona. A village situated between the Val Nervia's Dolceacqua and Pigna. The narrow streets connect the two main squares, called the Small Square and Piazza Grande. The first is an octagonal fountain of 1486, while the second overlooks the oratory and the parish church. The famous "Festival of Harps" gathers every summer a large number of fans.
Next stop is a visit to Mr. Cassinis who produces olive oil. The family Cassini show and tell and you will taste and learn from the family's experience and knowledge. You can buy some of their products to take some Italian flavors home.
The last stop of the tour is in Menton, called the capital of citrus fruits. This village is on hill with many colorful houses. You will have time to stroll around the pedestrian streets and try one of the citrus cakes if you wish (own expense). You can also go for a nice walk on the promenade and enjoy the beach and maybe go for a swim before heading back to Nice.
Inclusions for Full-day Private Italian Riviera Tour From Nice: Dolce Acqua, Isolabona, Menton
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Full-day Private Italian Riviera Tour From Nice: Dolce Acqua, Isolabona, Menton
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Parasailing in Nice
- Full-Day Small-Group St Tropez and Port Grimaud from Nice
- Full Day Trip to Eze, Monaco and Monte-Carlo from Nice
- Small Group Full Day Trip to St Tropez and Port Grimaud from Nice
- Nice Bar Crawl and Clubbing
- Small-group French Cooking Experience in Saint-Jeannet
- Small Group Full-Day Trip to French Riviera Highlights from Nice
- NiceCar Self-Guided Riviera Tour with 1-Hour Paddleboarding