Full-day Private St Paul De Vence, Vence, And Matisse Church Tour From Cannes
OverviewIn this full day private tour, see two medieval Provencal villages: Vence and St Paul de Vence. Begin with the visit of a chapel entirely decorated by the artist Matisse. Then, your guide will drive you to the perched village of Vence where you can admire the authentic Provencal architecture, before moving towards St Paul de Vence, famous for its craft. There, if desired, you will have the opportunity to visit the cemetery where the painter Chagall is buried. At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to Cannes.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter being picked up in the morning at your hotel or accommodation in Cannes, on board of your comfortable vehicle, take the Provencal roads towards your first destination: a church next to the village of Vence, called La Chapelle du Rosaire de Vence. Matisse believed this chapel was his masterpiece. Built in 1951, it has blue and white tiles and a surmounting wrought-iron cross (13m/42ft high). As soon as you have entered the chapel, you will be amazed by the colors of its stained glass placed against a white background. All you can observe in the chapel has been thought by the artist: the altar, the furniture and other liturgical items. The large figures painted on the right wall (St Dominic and the Virgin and Child) are great examples of Matisse's art style.
Then, continue your journey with the visit of the old village of Vence, perched on a hill. Here you can observe the typical Provencal style. Stroll in the narrow streets, visit a church or just enjoy the quiet pleasant atmosphere of the place.
Finally, move towards your final stop: St-Paul-de-Vence. A medieval village that will offer you great views, old houses and winding streets. You will enjoy some free time to explore the boutiques and art galleries or to sit down at a caf and watch a petanque's game. You will also have the opportunity, if desired, to visit the old church in the middle of the village and its graveyard where the artist Chagall is buried.
When your tour finishes, your guide will take you back to Cannes.
Inclusions for Full-day Private St Paul De Vence, Vence, And Matisse Church Tour From Cannes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Full-day Private St Paul De Vence, Vence, And Matisse Church Tour From Cannes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Corniche d'or Vespa Guided Tour
- Cannes Vespa Guided Tour Food and Wine tasting
- Cannes Shore Excursion : Private Custom Tour French Riviera Highlights with Local Guide
- Cannes Vespa Scooter Rental
- Perfume Factory Visit & Workshop in Grasse
- La Villa du Parfumeur
- Full-Day Private Cannes Shore Excursion: Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo
- Private Customized Full-Day French Riviera Tour with Guide from Cannes