Full-Day Private Taj Mahal And Agra City Tour
OverviewThis full-day private city of Agra tour offers up a few fascinating things to see. The Taj is unquestionably the star attraction, along with two other immense structures, the imposing Agra Fort and the fascinating abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri. All of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites you don't want to miss.
- Family friendly
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Exclusive to Viator
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tour08:00 - You can choose to be picked up at your hotel in Agra or Agra Cantt Railway Station (AGC). If you choose railway station, upon arrival you will see our representative at the main exit gate holding your name signage. After a warm welcome board your private AC Toyota car, leave for refreshment at a 4-star hotel where you can get yourself refreshed before you start the day.
09:00 - Visit the legendary Taj Mahal. No trip to Agra would be complete without a visit to this shimmering vision of domes and minarets. The world's best-known tomb stands testimony to the timeless love story of the 17th century Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan and his wife, queen Mumtaz Mahal. (Note: Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays)
11:30 Hrs - Visit the imposing Agra Fort, built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D. and made of red sandstone. The elegant buildings inside reflect an interesting synthesis of Hindu and Central Asian architectural styles. The maze of the courtyards, mosques, and private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire.
13:00 - Lunch break. Lunch will be provided at one of the best local restaurants.
14:00 Start the approximately 1-hour excursion from Agra to Fatehpur Sikri, described as the worlds most perfectly preserved ghost town. Built by Akbar in the late 16th century, it was abandoned after only 14 years and the elegant buildings of this superb walled city remain intact to this day.
17:30 Hrs - Enjoy photo tour of Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh, the Moonlight Garden, believed to be designed by Shah Jahan to view the Taj at night under moonlight far away from the crowd. It is one the best places from which you can view this great mausoleum. The forestry plantations and agricultural fields provide a green forecourt to Taj Mahal and its reflection in Yamuna.
18:30 You may also wish to do some shopping in Agra, known for its fabulous handicrafts made of marble and soft stone inlay work. The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Besides inlay work, Agra's other major handicraft products are leather ware, brass ware, carpets, jewellery, and embroidery work.
19:30 - After a memorable day, you will be taken back to your hotel in Agra or dropped off at Agra Cantt Railway Station (AGC).
Inclusions for Full-Day Private Taj Mahal And Agra City Tour
- Pickup at your centrally located hotel in Agra or Agra Cantt Railway Station(AGC)
- Transfers/Sightseeing by air-conditioned private car
- Professional local tour guide
- Lunch at one of the finest local restaurants
- Monument entrance fee
- Unlimited bottled water
- Battery bus/golf cart ride at Taj Mahal & Fatehpur Sikri
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Full-Day Private Taj Mahal And Agra City Tour
- Any alcohol, wine, or beer with lunch
- Camera fees at monuments
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions section
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2 or more
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women or participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dress code is smart casual
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Charismatic Tour from Agra to Jaipur
- Private Tour: Best of Agra Day Tour
- Agra Taj Mahal Sunrise and Sunset Tour
- Private Half-Day Tour to Fatehpur Sikri from Agra
- Private Day Trip to Fatehpur Sikri And Abhaneri Stepwells From Agra To Jaipur
- Private Tour: Agra In One Day Including Fatehpur Sikari and Shopping