Full-Day Private Tour: Girona And Costa Brava With Lunch - Barcelona
OverviewDiscover Girona and its Medieval beauty, rich Jewish heritage, and architectural and cultural relevance, on this private tour from Barcelona. Arrive in less than one hour and a half in a comfortable vehicle. Meandering through the charming narrow streets of the old town, youll visit the Cathedral and the Jewish Quarter from the tenth century and be transported back in time. Find your inner peace in Pals and have an extraordinary adventure through the cobblestone streets of this cute medieval village from the 13th century. And finally, a short drive away, well unwind in Calella de Palafrugell, one of the most splendid fishermans villages along the Catalan coast. Well admire its whitewashed houses and pretty beaches, with fishing boats hauled up on the sand while we enjoy a relaxing local meal in front of the beach. We'll have some free time to walk around or rest before we head back to Barcelona.
Know More about this tour
We will pick you up at your hotel or apartment in Barcelona in and travel about an hour and a half to Girona, a medieval gem. Once we get there, well take a short coffee break and prepare for our guided walking tour.
Well start the walking tour by crossing the bridge over the Onyar river to get an up-close view of the picturesque pastel-colored houses. Well continue on to the Sant Feliu Church where you can find part of the original medieval wall of Girona that forms part of the construction of the basilica.
Next, well stroll over to the gothic Cathedral of Girona, founded in 1038, the second widest gothic cathedral in the world, after the Vatican. This monument has a long history spanning 1000 years.
Get lost through the winding streets of the Gothic quarter and learn about the small community of 20 families who settled here in the 10th century. Learn about their rich legacy of culture in one of most preserved Jewish quarters all over Europe.
After, well take a short trip to Calella de Palafrugell, a stunning coastal town, where we will enjoy a three-course meal at a local restaurant situated on the beach - our treat! Youll have the opportunity to sample the local fare including paella or fresh fish accompanied by wine from the surrounding vineyards and a glass of cava. After lunch, youll have some free time to walk the beach on your own - dip your feet in the sea or take a swim (weather permitting).
Here is where the tour ends. Well take you back to Barcelona and drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Inclusions for Full-Day Private Tour: Girona And Costa Brava With Lunch
- Private guided tour to Girona and Costa Brava
Complimentary cup of coffee before embarking on our walking tour
- Delicious Mediterranean lunch in Calella de Palafrugell and a complimentary glass of cava- our treat!
- Free time to explore in Girona around the old quarter and in Calella de Palafrugel
Transported in a comfortable vehicle
Exclusions for Full-Day Private Tour: Girona And Costa Brava With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe