Full-Day Private Tour Of Bucharest And Mogosoaia Palace
OverviewEmbark on a one day tour to discover some of Bucharest's most important sites and one must see, well preserved palace, Mogosoaia Palace. On this day you will get to see the famous Palace of Parliament, Cotroceni Palace , many panoramic views of the city and learn interesting facts about the capital of Romania. In the second part of the day enjoy the visit at Mogosoaia Palace to see how royalty lived and take a relaxing walk on the premises.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourWe start this tour with an interesting Bucharest tour including visits to 2 important museums .
The Palace of the Parliament is the seat of the Parliament of Romania. Located on Spirii Hill in central Bucharest, the Palace is the second largest administrative building in the world after the Pentagon. It is also the most expensive administrative building and heaviest building. It measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under the ground. It has 1,100 rooms and is 12 stories tall, with additional 8 underground levels including an enormous nuclear bunker. A colossal parliament building known for its ornate interior, it houses the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies, three museums and an international conference center.
We continue with Cotroceni Museum. Between 1679 and 1681 the prince erban Cantacuzino (1678 - 1688) built, in the West of Bucharest, the Cotroceni ensemble, his most important architectural project.
The Cotroceni ensemble stands alone in the Bucharest and national architectural scenery through its various components, each one with different functions and destinations. Its uniqueness is reflected in the lay architecture that dominated the Cotroceni ensemble (the palace, the medieval cellars, still existing today, the pavilion, the annexes, the manage, the gardeners house, the greenhouses,) military (the Royal Guard), ecclesiastical (the monastery: the cells, the kitchen, the refectory, the vault, the bell tower, the church - the central edifice, the priestly houses, the chapel of the asylum for orphan girls - painted by Gh. Tatarescu - a famous Romanian artist), functional (the railway station), exotic (the Amerindian house in the garden), funerary monuments (those of princess Maria and of the Davila family), a large garden (part of it would later become the Botanical Garden), the military and exercise field, the Cotroceni city barrier.
Our tour continues with Mogosoaia Palace located just a short ride from Bucharest. It was built between 1698-1702 by Constantin Brncoveanu in what is called the Romanian Renaissance style or Brncovenesc style. The palace bears the name of the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogo, who owned the land it was built on. The princely residence was first mentioned at the end of the 16th century, its construction being finished at the beginning of the 18th century.
After 1714, when Constantin Brancoveanu was executed with his entire family in Constantinopole, all the family's wealth was confiscated by the Ottomans and the palace was converted into an inn. Rebought by Prince Stefan Cantacuzino, he returned it to Brncoveanu's grandson Constantin, and remained with the family until the early nineteenth century.
In the evening we return to Bucharest where our tour ends.
Inclusions for Full-Day Private Tour Of Bucharest And Mogosoaia Palace
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- 1 Bottle of water/ pers
- Driver/guide/Tour escort
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
Exclusions for Full-Day Private Tour Of Bucharest And Mogosoaia Palace
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Sometimes events are held at Mogosoaia Palce and it is closed to the public. In this case we will visit Snagov.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Dracula's Tomb and Mogosoaia Palace - Private Tour outside Bucharest
- Full-Day Historical Bucharest Private Walking Tour
- 2-Day Halloween Transylvania Experience from Bucharest including a Costume Party at Dracula's Castle
- 3-Day Tour in Transylvania with Hunyadi or Corvin Castle and Targu Jiu from Bucharest
- Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest