OverviewDay trip to Tbilisi and Mtskheta combines the full day exploration of two ancient towns, which have been linked by culture and history for centuries. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in Mtskheta, main attractions of Tbilisi and taste Georgian traditional dishes during lunch in one of the local restaurants.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourIn the morning the guide and driver will pick you up from your centrally located accommodation in Tbilisi and start driving to Mtskheta, the ancient capital of Georgia. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites located in this small town. First stop is Jvari Monastery dating back to 6th century AD. Standing on the top of the hill, it overlooks the town of Mtskheta and the confluence of two rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari. After visiting the monastery drive down and reach Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, which is one of the most sacred places in whole Georgia, and is said to have Christ’s robe preserved in it.
Take a lunch break in one of the local restaurants with tasty Georgian dishes like Khinkali and Khachapuri and then take a nice walk in the town. Visit local wine shop where you can buy some Georgian Wines.
Leave Mtskheta and drive back to Tbilisi to visit main attractions of the city. First stop is Metekhi plateau & church 13th c which presents one of the most important architectural monuments of old Tbilisi.
Take a ride to Narikala Fortress 4th c by aerial cable car – one of the best places to enjoy panoramic views of the city. Explore the ruins of the fortress and then stroll down to Sulfur Bathhouse district, to Legtakhevi area and then Meidan square & Shardeni street neighborhood. Here you can find numerous souvenir shops, art galleries and cafes. Take a walk in the old town and shop for some souvenirs and after drive back to your place of stay in Tbilisi.
The tour ends with a drop off at your hotel in Tbilisi.
Inclusions for Full Day Private Tour Of Tbilisi And Mtskheta
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Full Day Private Tour Of Tbilisi And Mtskheta
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Entrance to the places of worship is prohibited during church services (Sunday mornings and special occasions). If your trip comes to one of these dates you'll start the tour with visiting Tbilisi sights and continue to Mtskheta after lunch
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.