Full-Day Private Tour To Kakheti Historic Sights From TbilisiWrite a Review
OverviewExplore picturesque and the most fertile part of Georgia and get close with the history, culture and lifestyle of the Kakhetian people during private tour to Kakheti historic sights. In the middle of the tour youll enjoy lunch at local house in Telavi with home-made Georgian dishes and wine.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourIn the morning, the guide and driver will provide a pickup from a hotel in Tbilisi, then start driving to the Kakheti province.
The first stop is the Alaverdi Cathedral, which stands in the Alazani-River valley. The earliest structures here date back to 6th-century AD, but the present-day cathedral is dated from the 11th century. The area is encircled with a fortified wall and contains wine cellars, baths, a living area, and other structures.
Next, head to Gremi, the capital of a once-flourishing Kingdom of Kakheti. The city was destroyed by the Shah Abass army in the 17th century. Only the ruins have survived. Visit a well-preserved Church of Archangels, Royal Tower, and museum displaying objects uncovered during archaeological excavations and paintings of Georgian kings.
After the tour at Gremi, continue to Telavi for lunch a at local house with homemade dishes and Georgian wine.
Next, visit Tsinandali and the house museum of famous Georgian poet and public figure, Alexandre Chavchavadze. He was the first nobleman to produce and bottle Georgian wine, according to European methods of wine making. See a bottle of Saperavi wine from 1839 kept in the wine-cellars of Tsinandali among the other 16,500 bottles of different sorts.
Take a walk in the Tsinandali residence gardens with a glass of wine produced by Tsinandali, then drive back to Tbilisi via the Gombori Pass. Along the way,visit the Old and New Shuamta Monasteries. One of the oldest basilicas in Georgia, dating back to the 6th century, is located here. Continue on to Tbilisifor a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Full-Day Private Tour To Kakheti Historic Sights From Tbilisi
- Private tour
- Lunch at a local house with homemade food and wine
- Glass of wine in Tsinandali
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Full-Day Private Tour To Kakheti Historic Sights From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
Not wheelchair accessible
Traveling via the Gombori Pass is subject to favorable weather conditions. If this route is unavailable due to poor weather, an alternative road, date, or full refund will be offered.
Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.