OverviewCombine adventure and culture in one day during this day trip. Visit Mtskheta town and 2 UNESCO World Heritage sites, continue with a grade II-III rafting experience on Pshavis Aragvi river and visit to the old fortress of Ananuri. In the middle of the tour enjoy picnic lunch with hot barbecue and Georgian wine.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourYour day begins at 9am with a pickup in your private vehicle from your Tbilisi accommodations. Greet your local guide and your diver, then begin your journey to the historical monuments of Mtskheta.
The town of Mtskheta was once the capital of the ancient Kingdom of Iberia. Admire its most outstanding monuments Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery both of which are historically significant in the development of medieval architecture throughout the Caucasus.
After visiting Mtskheta continue your way to the Jinvali reservoir and reach the rafting base camp. After a safety training, get ready to enjoy grade II-III rafting on the Aragvi river. The total length of the route is 8 miles (13 kilometers). After your rafting adventure take a lunch break with delicious hot barbeque and Georgian wine.
Next head to Ananuri fortress, which once was the seat of a powerful feudal dynasty. The earliest fortifications date from 13th century. The complex has been on the tentative list for inclusion into the UNESCO World Heritage Site program since 2007. Explore the fortress with its fortifications and the remains of its old citadel.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off back at your Tbilisi accommodations.
Please note: There is a maximum of six people per booking.
Inclusions for Full-Day Private Tour To Mtskheta And Ananuri Fortress With Rafting From Tbilisi
- Picnic lunch with hot barbecue and Georgian wine at rafting base
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Helmet and life jackets for rafting
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Full-Day Private Tour To Mtskheta And Ananuri Fortress With Rafting From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under seven are not permitted to raft
A minimum of four people per booking is required
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.