Full Day Private Tour: Treasures Of Bahrain
OverviewAn 8 hour tour to discover many parts of Bahrain. Visit; Al Fateh Grand Mosque, Bahrain National Museum, Bait Al-Qur’an Museum, Bahrain Fort, Royal Camel Farm at Janabiya, Burial Mounds and Manama Souq.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Your day starts with a 9 am pick-up and then off to theAl Fateh Grand Mosque. Thisis the first mosque in the region to open to tourists and is the largest mosque on the island. The exquisite Bahraini architecture, crowned by the worlds largest fiberglass dome, is one to see. Since the mosque is blessed with tranquility reserved for the holiest of holy places, it is important to dress modestly and remove footwear before entering. Women should cover their head.
The second stop is the Bahrain National Museum for a walk through a wonderful collection of exhibits, from contemporary Bahraini paintings, sculptures and ceramics, to scenes depicting life in the Dilmun civilization of 6000 years ago, and even a reconstructed burial mound, complete with skeleton.
View the beauty of Arabic calligraphy, including a beautiful display of illuminated Qurans and other religious documents. Take closer look at traditional trades and crafts, which are cleverly displayed in a reconstruction of a typical souq of the 1930s.
Then head over to Bait Al-Quran Museum, a specialized Museum consisting of several floors and characterized by a most distinctive Islamic design. Ithouses ancient manuscripts of the Holy Qur'an that have been collected from North Africa, Iran, India, China, and others. It also displays rare great Islamic artifacts, jewelry and gold-ornamented glass utensils, indicating the great Islamic heritage arts that have had an influence throughout the world.
Give your eyes a break from the amazing displays and sit down for an included lunch. Then get ready to visit the Bahrain Fort, a 16th century fort built by the Portuguese. The area where it is located is known as Qalat Al Bahrain with lots of hidden history of Dilmun Civilization.
Onto theRoyal Camel Farm at Janabiya that hasmore than 400 camels and was set-up by His Highness, the late Shaikh Mohammed Bin Salman Al Khalifa, uncle of the current ruler. You will then be taken to the Burial MoundsNotably scattered along large stretches of Shaikh Khalifa Highway, near the Hamad Town. These archaeological mounds are of great historical importance going back to the Dilmun civilization in the third millennium BC.
The final stop will be to Manama Souq/ Gold City, where you can experience the vibrant marketplace Browse through rare spices, throbs, amazing fabrics, kaftans, dry fruits, regional unique handicrafts, nuts, and more before heading back to your hotel for some rest.
Inclusions for Full Day Private Tour: Treasures Of Bahrain
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Full Day Private Tour: Treasures Of Bahrain
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 3 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.