Full-Day River Kwai Tour From Bangkok
OverviewTravel back in time to see the world-famous bridge on the River Kwai, built during World War II by prisoners of war near the town of Kanchanaburi. Learn about the construction of the infamous Death Railway and the poignant JEATH War Museum.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourLearn about the history of the Burma Railway also known as the Death Railway, on this 10-hour historical tour to Kanchanaburi, approximately 80 miles (130 kilometers) west of Bangkok.
Upon arrival, you will tour the well-kept Wat Cemetery, where there are an estimated 9,000 Allied soldiers graves. The soldiers perished whilst constructing the notorious "Death Railway, which the Japanese had hoped would stretch all the way to the Burmese border.
Uncover the terrible history of the railway at the JEATH Museum, which takes its name from the first letters of the words Japan, England, America/Australia, Thailand and Holland. See the past recreated and relived with pictures and artifacts.
You will also ride a train along the original Death Railway track, with a sumptuous lunch awaiting at the disembarkation station. Return to Bangkok in the late afternoon for your hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Full-Day River Kwai Tour From Bangkok
- Luxury transportation
Exclusions for Full-Day River Kwai Tour From Bangkok
- Services not mentioned above
Tips and personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide us with the name and address of your Hotel
Additional charges may apply for pick-up/drop-off to hotels in the Bang Na and Ladprao areas
Guides in other languages such as German, French, and Russian are available on request and subject to surcharge
You Might Also Like
- Suvarnabhumi airport to Don Muang Airport
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Huahin Hotel
- Bangkok Dinosaur Planet Theme Park
- Van on disposal within Bangkok area
- Bangkok Hotel to Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport - Bangkok Hotel
- Hua Hin Hotel to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok Airport Shared Arrival Transfer