Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From Bucharest
OverviewLearn the basics of rock climbing in Zarnesti Gorges while enjoying breathtaking views and the largest bear reserve in the world with this 12-hour full-day tour from Bucharest.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourEarly in the morning, the group will be picked up at 8am from the hotel. Head towardsZrneti and visit Libearty Reservation, the largest animal welfare project in Europe.The Libearty Sanctuary is the greatest brown bear reservation in the world.Afterwards, you will head to the Zrneti Gorges. Here, a 30-minute presentation aboutclimbing and rappel techniques will be provided so that everyone can enjoy the experience safely. Now that you are mentally andphysically prepared, begin your 3-hour schedule of climbing.
Zrneti Gorges will provide you with memories and feelings to lastfor a lifetime. One ofRomanias most beautiful natural treasures, it isthe most visited attraction in Piatra Craiului National Park. The gorges stretch over a distance of almost 5kilometers with walls 200 meters tall, boasting dozens of climbing trails begging to be climbed. The view is breathtaking and the defile has even been the death scene ofJude Laws character in the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain."
After a strenuous but satisfyingclimb, indulge in a picnic type of lunch.Refueled with energy, begin the relaxing part of your trip and visit the Zrneti Gorges. Asthere are no cars allowed in the gorge, you will find supreme silence and peace along with incrediblelandscapes. Here, you will see the longest limestone ridge over 15 kilometers long. Continue your trip and visit the Rasnov Citadel, a fortified ensemble situated at the top ofthe hill guarding over the city of Rasnov. This is one of Transylvanias best-preserved citadels, andit also hosts a feudal art museum. The area became famous when in 2001 the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain," starring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, was shot here. Finish your trip with a visit to Valea Cetatii Cave (Citadels Valley), a true monument of nature.
The underground landscape is guaranteed to leave you impressed. This is one of the mostbeautifully arranged caves in Europe, modernly equipped and with a surface open to visitors of 330meters its total surface covers one kilometer.After a day full of adrenaline, relaxation, and natural beauty, head back to Bucharest where you cansay your goodbyes to each other and get a well-deserved rest.
Inclusions for Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From Bucharest
- Climbing instructor
- Driver and transportation
- Climbing kit
- Picnic lunch
- Coffee and tea
Exclusions for Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress and Sinaia Castle Day Trip from Bucharest
- Private Bucharest One Way Airport Transfer
- Private Day Trip to Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle from Bucharest
- Outcast Bucharest City Tour Supporting an Employment Program for Homeless
- 3-Day Trip to Transylvania, Targoviste and Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
- Full-Day Private Tour of Bucharest and Mogosoaia Palace