Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From BucharestWrite a Review
OverviewLearn the basics of rock climbing in Zarnesti Gorges while enjoying breathtaking views and the largest bear reserve in the world with this 12-hour full-day tour from Bucharest.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourEarly in the morning, the group will be picked up at 8am from the hotel. Head towards Zărnești and visit Libearty Reservation, the largest animal welfare project in Europe. The Libearty Sanctuary is the greatest brown bear reservation in the world. Afterwards, you will head to the Zărnești Gorges. Here, a 30-minute presentation about climbing and rappel techniques will be provided so that everyone can enjoy the experience safely. Now that you are mentally and physically prepared, begin your 3-hour schedule of climbing.
Zărnești Gorges will provide you with memories and feelings to last for a lifetime. One of Romania’s most beautiful natural treasures, it is the most visited attraction in Piatra Craiului National Park. The gorges stretch over a distance of almost 5 kilometers with walls 200 meters tall, boasting dozens of climbing trails begging to be climbed. The view is breathtaking and the defile has even been the death scene of Jude Law’s character in the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain."
After a strenuous but satisfying climb, indulge in a picnic type of lunch. Refueled with energy, begin the relaxing part of your trip and visit the Zărnești Gorges. As there are no cars allowed in the gorge, you will find supreme silence and peace along with incredible landscapes. Here, you will see the longest limestone ridge over 15 kilometers long. Continue your trip and visit the Rasnov Citadel, a fortified ensemble situated at the top of the hill guarding over the city of Rasnov. This is one of Transylvania’s best-preserved citadels, and it also hosts a feudal art museum. The area became famous when in 2001 the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain," starring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, was shot here. Finish your trip with a visit to Valea Cetatii Cave (Citadel’s Valley), a true monument of nature.
The underground landscape is guaranteed to leave you impressed. This is one of the most beautifully arranged caves in Europe, modernly equipped and with a surface open to visitors of 330 meters – its total surface covers one kilometer. After a day full of adrenaline, relaxation, and natural beauty, head back to Bucharest where you can say your goodbyes to each other and get a well-deserved rest.
Inclusions for Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From Bucharest
- Climbing instructor
- Driver and transportation
- Climbing kit
- Picnic lunch
- Coffee and tea
Exclusions for Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour In Zarnesti Gorges From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.