OverviewExperience this small group tour to the stunning geothermal landscape of Rotorua. Visit Te Puia for geysers, learn about Maori culture and the kiwi bird and visit the ominous-sounding Hells Gate for a unique landscape of steaming vents and bubbling mud.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourStart your day by leaving Mount Maunganui and crossing the harbour bridge to Tauranga City and take the inland direct route to Rotorua. Your guide will explain the history of this old drover's road as you travel through deep gorges, native and plantation forests and farmland before arriving in Rotorua.
See the main sights of this very interesting city, such as the Government Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and the Rotorua lakefront before heading to Te Puia, the home of the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and the location of the famous Pohutu Geyser.
Here, you can visit the carving school and see craftsman fashion traditional wood carvings and watch the Maori women demonstrate flax weaving. Take a short walk through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to view the boiling mud pools, the famous Pohutu Geyser and steaming vents that make Te Puia such a unique destination. There is also chance to see New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built Kiwi-house.
This tour includes a Maori Cultural Performance on the Marae. Here, you will be greeted onto the Marae grounds following the challenge by warriors before taking your seats for the concert inside the meeting house. You will see the traditional songs, dances and demonstrations of fighting skills [including the famous Haka].
Time will be allotted for lunch at Te Puia to enjoy lunch (at own expense) before continuing onto the next destination, Hells Gate, which is a place of extreme contrasts and includes the largest hot waterfall in the southern hemisphere. See the steaming fumaroles and pools of boiling mud as you stroll through this geothermal landscape.
You do have the option to try mud bathing here, either as an alternative to the geothermal valley walk, or time permitting, as an additional activity. Extra charges will apply and can be arranged on the day of visit.
Departing Hell's Gate, your return to the port will be along the coastal route taking you past the extensive Kiwifruit orchards that are such an important aspect of the regions economy.
Your tour concludes with your personal guide bidding you farewell at the port gates in plenty of time before your ship departure.
Inclusions for Full-Day Rotorua Shore Excursion Including Te Puia And Hells Gate Thermal Beds
- Entrance fees to Te Puia and Hells Gate
- Maori cultural performance at Te Puia
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-Day Rotorua Shore Excursion Including Te Puia And Hells Gate Thermal Beds
- Any meals or refreshments
- Mud bathing at Hells Gate
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants 0 to 3 may travel free if seated on a parents lap. Infant rate applies if a seat is required
This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters [unless very small collapsible ones] or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. Our staff can assist.
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.