Delight your senses at 2 very special destinations in Rotorua New Zealands cultural and geothermal hub.
Travelling with the best team in the business - not only will you visit Te Puia (Rotoruas premium geothermal and cultural centre), but also Hells Gate ominously named to represent the striking geothermal features you will see.
- See geysers explode high into the air. You will only get those iconic photos at Te Puia where you are up close and personal with many of the geothermal features.
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from local Maori. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
- Watch craftsman learn their trade in the carving and weaving schools.
- Named by G.B. Shaw this geothermal park will show you a variety of steaming fumeroles and bubbling mud pools.
- Indulge in the unique and relaxing experience of mudbathing (extra cost). Cover yourself in the sulphurous but strangely healing local mud, and finish with a soak in the silica-rich hot pools. Ladies this is excellent for your skin!
- See the largest hot waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere a place where Maori warriors would bathe to heal their wounds of battle.
- A visit to a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown.
- A tour of Rotoruas interesting city centre including famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and the lakefront.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasnt every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if youre lucky you may even get to travel with Ian he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel on a modern, air conditioned van with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!