Full-Day San Jose To Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV
OverviewLocated on Costa Ricas Caribbean slope, the Pacuare River borders the Talamanca Mountain Range, home to native Cabecar Indians and an incredible variety of wildlife, including parrots, toucans, deer, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, butterflies, and more. Add in the exciting Class III-IV white water rapids and you have a 12-hour tropical adventure packed with rich experiences that last long after youve returned home. The magical river is born in Costa Ricas Talamanca Mountain Range (Cordillera de Talamanca) at 3,000 meters altitude, and descends through the mountains to the plains of Limn, flowing into the Caribbean Sea. At a total length of approximately 133 km, the river has 32 km of rapids Class III and IV that are ideal for the recreation of yoursmall group.This fully guided adventure includes mealsand hotel pickup and drop-off on a private bus.
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tour
After an early morning pickup from your San Jose hotel, you will depart at 8am in a private, comfortable bus to the meeting pointfor a delicious, typical Costa Rican breakfast. After breakfast and changing into rafting gear, your small groupwill goto aprivate rafting put-in on the banks of the Pacuare River.
Here, you willreview and adjust all necessary equipment for proper fit, receivea comprehensive rafting safety talk, and hear instructions on paddling basics. From here, you and your group will launch your raft and begin to paddle 19 miles deep into the heart of one of Costa Ricas most impressive primary rainforests.
Youll pass through densely vegetated rainforest gorges, view cascading waterfalls, relax in serene pools and experience pounding rapids. Halfway down the river, you will pass aunique ecolodge, where guests stay on our 2-, 3-, and 4-day multi-sport adventure trips. Hydro-powered and intimate, the lodge blends naturally into the rainforest on our 2,000-acre private reserve, complete with waterfalls, quiet pools, and miles of trails.
You will enjoy an adrenaline-packed afternoon running the Pacuares biggest rapids: Upper and Lower Huacas, Cimarron, Dos Montaas and more. From the take-out, its a short drive back to the Rios Tropicales Operations Center for a hearty and delicious lunch, hot showers, optional drinks and a handy souvenir store.
This trip includes all transportation to and from San Jose. On your return drive to San Jose, youll enjoy remarkable views of Braulio Carrillo National Park, home of dense, primary tropical rainforest, and Irazu Volcano. You will return to San Joseabout 6:00 pm (subject totraffic)This unforgettable trip will be the highlight of your stay in Costa Rica!
Inclusions for Full-Day San Jose To Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Jose (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Full-Day San Jose To Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum is 2 people per booking
Maximum is 15 people per booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Transportation without additional cost from hotels located in San Jose (selected hotels)
Rubber soled shoes (tennis or similar) shorts and a T-shirt, swimsuit, windbreaker, sunscreen lotion, sun hat or bandanna (Optional)
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Adventure Rappel Tour and Transfer to Arenal from San Jose
- Private Arrival Transfer: San Jose Airport to Monteverde
- Britt Coffee Tour and Chocolate Tasting from San Jose
- Canopy Zipline Eco-Adventure Tour from San Jose
- Cinco Ceibas Rainforest Reserve and Adventure Park from San Jose
- Sarapiqui River Rafting Class II-III Rapids