Full-Day Shared Pamukkale Tour From Kusadasi - Istanbul
OverviewOur full-day shared Pamukkale tour from Kusadasi brings history and the beauty of nature together in this one of a kind tour.
Know More about this tourOn this magnificent full-day shared Pamukkale tour from Kusadasi, get to experience the natural travertine terraces of the Pamukkale Koyu UNESCO World Heritage Site as well as the Hierapolis archaeological zone, an Ancient Roman resort city with the largest necropolis in Asia Minor.
The rock formations of Pamukkale (literally, "Cotton Castle") are a series of white terraces saturated with dissolved calcium bicarbonate, bubbling up from the feet of the mountains beyond.
As the water flows over the edge of the plateau and cools, carbon dioxide is given off and calcium carbonate precipitates as hard chalk or travertine. The spring emerges in the middle of the ancient resort city of Hierapolis (the ruins themselves are worthy of a stop as well). Sadly, the travertine that makes up the Pamukkale is gradually turning from white to yellow and is even thought to be drying up. Thirsty hotels are blamed by the government, which has demolished many of them.
This is good for the Pamukkale, but it makes finding a hotel increasingly difficult. Most stay in Pamukkale Koyu. The Hierapolis archaeological site lies west of Pamukkale Koyu. Its main features include a temple of Apollo and the adjacent Plutonium, a cavern emitting a deadly sulphur and carbon dioxide gas.
East of here is a restored Roman amphitheatre, dating from the second century AD. Most of the stage buildings and their elaborate reliefs remain intact. An interesting part of the city is the collonaded street, once extending almost 1km to a series of monumental portals. Today, only the most northerly, a triple arch flanked by towers and dedicated to Emperor Domitian in 84 AD, still stands.
Just south of the arch is the elaborate tomb of Flavius Zeuxis. This is only the first of more than a thousand tombs that constitute the full necropolis, the largest in Asia Minor.
You have the option to stay in Pamukkale if you want to after the tour. The entrance fee to the Cleopatra Pool is not included.
Inclusions for Full-Day Shared Pamukkale Tour From Kusadasi
- Fuel surcharge
- Viator brokerage fee
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Full-Day Shared Pamukkale Tour From Kusadasi
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cleopatra Pool Entrance Fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.