OverviewSee the stunning geothermal region of Rotorua. This small group tour will take you to Te Puia to see the famous Pohutu Geyser, bubbling mud pools and a Maori cultural performance plus wood carving, flax weaving and kiwi birds. You will also see a number of other well loved Rotorua sights and a kiwifruit orchard complete with tasting.
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDeparting from the main Port Gates at 10 am, just a few minutes walk from the ship, we begin with a short drive through the beach suburb of Mount Maunganui, past millionaires waterfront homes and golden beaches.
We pass through Te Puke where we can see acres of kiwifruit orchards - the iconic fruit of the Bay of Plenty which is exported around the world. Then it's through farmland, native bush and forested areas, past Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua before arriving at Te Puia, Rotorua's most famous geothermal destination situated at Te Whakarewarewa.
Te Puia is also the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and the location of the famous Pohutu geyser. We can visit the carving school and see craftsman at work, and the watch traditional flax weaving.
A short walk through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to the mud pools, famous Pohutu geyser and the hot pools that make Te Puia unique. See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built Kiwi-house and explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village.
Seats are reserved for a Maori Cultural Performance; given on the Marae, in one of the few fully carved meeting houses in New Zealand, a place of special spiritual significance. Here you will see the traditional songs, dances and demonstrations of fighting skills [including the Haka] performed.
Before departing Te Puia there is time for you to buy lunch at the cafe (own expense).
Next we drive through Rotorua city to see the Government Gardens, the Rotorua Bath House (now a museum), Rachel's Pool, the Blue Baths and the Polynesian Spa and other city sights depending on the time available.
Departing Rotorua, we return to Tauranga by an alternative scenic route over hills and through deep gorges.
Inclusions for Full-Day Shore Excursion: Geothermal Te Puia And Kiwifruit Orchard
- Entrance fees
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
Exclusions for Full-Day Shore Excursion: Geothermal Te Puia And Kiwifruit Orchard
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters [unless very small collapsible ones] or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. A staff member can assist.
Infants 0 to 3 may travel free if seated on parents lap. Infant rate applies if a seat is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.