OverviewExplore a silk village to discover Vietnam's long history of silk making and learn every step of the fascinating process, from silkworm-cocoon to stunning silk garments. Then visit some of Hoi An’s most interesting ancient houses and sites before trying your hand at traditional lantern making on this full day tour in Hoi An.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourPick up from your hotel and head to Hoi An Silk Village. Visit the traditional house in Quang Nam and listen to the story of the Job Lady of craft sericulture in Quang Nam. Continue to admire the collection of Vietnamese Ao Dai and costumes of 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups. Visit the ancient Champa mulberry and traditional mulberry garden. Learn how to feed the silkworm and see the silkworm cocoons. Explore the unraveled silkworm cocoons in the traditional way. Discovering the traditional handicraft textile of Champa and learn how to make Champa peoples traditional textile crafts. Visit the Vietnamese traditional silk weave house “Cua Dien Textile Machine”. Relax in the lush green mulberry garden and enjoy the local special meal.
In the afternoon, we will continue on to the lantern making tour. This tour gives you a quick but consistent insight of Hoi An Ancient Town and allows you to get in touch with your creative side, as well as provides you with the opportunity to take part in an important aspect of the Vietnamese culture. We will go to the center of Hoi An city where you will visit Hoi An Museum, Ancient Houses and Assembly Hall with Chinese influence, handicraft workshops and the Japanese Bridge. We will move on to the house of a lantern craftsman. There, you can observe the lantern craftsman’s technique before hands-on work through each stage of lantern making under the guidance of the enthusiastic craftsmen: from bending it into frame, cutting cloth, gluing, to completing lanterns. Before this trip concludes, you will have your own lantern created by your own hands. This is the perfect souvenir for you to show off your craftsmanship upon your return home. Once everyone has a well-crafted lantern, we will return to the hotel.
Inclusions for Full-day Silk Cloth Producing And Lantern-Making From Da Nang
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Full-day Silk Cloth Producing And Lantern-Making From Da Nang
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.