Full-day Silk Cloth Producing And Lantern-Making From Da Nang
OverviewExplore a silk village to discover Vietnam's long history of silk making and learn every step of the fascinating process, from silkworm-cocoon to stunning silk garments. Then visit some of Hoi An’s most interesting ancient houses and sites before trying your hand at traditional lantern making on this full day tour in Hoi An.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Pick up from your hotel and head to Hoi An Silk Village. Visit the traditional house in Quang Nam and listen to the story of the Job Lady of craft sericulture in Quang Nam. Continue to admire the collection of Vietnamese Ao Dai and costumes of 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups. Visit the ancient Champa mulberry and traditional mulberry garden. Learn how to feed the silkworm and see the silkworm cocoons. Explore the unraveled silkworm cocoons in the traditional way. Discover the traditional handicraft textile of Champa and learn how to make Champa peoples traditional textile crafts. Visit the Vietnamese traditional silk weave house Cua Dien Textile Machine. Relax in the lush green mulberry garden and enjoy the local special meal.
In the afternoon, we will move on to the home of a local lantern craftsman. There, we will have a hands-on workshop to learn the traditional art of lantern making. Lantern making in Hoi An is recognized as one of nine traditional craft villages in Vietnam. The lanterns are made of bamboos and silks. So, in order to make beautiful and durable lanterns, craft men choose these materials carefully. You will be taught how to make lanterns with the enthusiastic instructions from the craft men. Then, we move to the center of Hoi An city where you will visit the ways of decorating many different colorful lanterns. After visiting the city center, we move to the Nguyen Thai Hoc Street in which many lanterns are also displayed. Whilst walking along this street, we drop at a small caf to enjoy coffee and contemplate the lanterns. Next stop is the Japanese Covered Bridge; we will visit this site and take photos with your own lanterns. After visiting the bridge, we continue to head to other side of the city where many lanterns are sold.
Inclusions for Full-day Silk Cloth Producing And Lantern-Making From Da Nang
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Full-day Silk Cloth Producing And Lantern-Making From Da Nang
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.