Full-Day Small-Group Great Wall Hike: Simatai West To Jinshanling - Beijing
OverviewAs the most popular hiking trip of Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both untouched and restored sections of the Great Wall at Simatai West and Jinshanling within 3 hours. We will reach the Wall by Kylin Tower at Simatai West, and then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling, or you can walk another 30 minutes if you feel energetic and then get off the wall at Zhuanduokou . The unrestored wall, the watch towers, the beacon towers snake on the mountain from east to west. You will have chance to meet local farmer friends, try local home-made food and learn local community development. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet you up at 8am and then drive to Simatai West. You will start the hiking around 10:30 am, and it will take about 3 hours to complete the hiking. A lunch at a local farmers restaurant will be organized after the hiking before returning your hotel.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
Inclusions for Full-Day Small-Group Great Wall Hike: Simatai West To Jinshanling
- 1. air-con vehicle with experienced driver
2. personal English-speaking hiking tour guide
3. entrance fees to Great Wall on the two sections
4. unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall; lunch in a local farmers restaurant
5. a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
Exclusions for Full-Day Small-Group Great Wall Hike: Simatai West To Jinshanling
- 1. travel insurance
3. personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Children under 5 are not allowed to take this tour
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
Please dont make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you dont like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
As responsible travelers, we take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Private Night Tour: Beijing Foodie Experience
- Private Transfer: Beijing Railway Station to Airport
- Beijing Private Transfer: Beijing Airport to Railway station
- Beijing Opera Show at Liyuan Theater with Transfer
- Small Group Day tour From Jiankou To Mutianyu Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou
- Private Hiking Day Tour: Yanqing Badaling Incomplete Great Wall
- Private Jinshanling to Simatai West Great Wall Hiking Tour from Beijing