If you have 1 day free in Tbilisi and wish to experience the powdery snow on the hills of Great Caucasus mountains, this snowshoe tour to Mt. Kazbegi and the amazing Gergeti Trinity church is for you. Magical colors of winter with unspoiled landscapes and the snow capped Caucasus Mountains will surround you and make for an unforgettable trip.
Know More about this tour
Start with an early morning pickup at your hotel of your stay in Tbilisi. Head to the North of Tbilisi through the Georgian Military road. This road runs between Tbilisi (Georgia) and Vladikavkaz (Russia) and follows the traditional route used by traders and invaders throughout the ages. On the way to Mt. Kazbegi enjoy views of Ananuri fortress as it rises above Jinvali Lake and the surrounding mountain area. Â
Farther on, the road continues to Gudauri Skiing resort located 120km (74.5mi) north from Tbilisi at the height of 2,196m (7,200ft). This young and rapidly developing winter resort is located on the southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range. Here one can reach summit of Mt. Sadzele at about 3,000m (9842ft).Â
Just a few minutes driving and you can reach Cross Pass, the highest point of the Georgian Military road. Arrive at a small village Stapantsminda at the foot of Mt. Kazbegi from where starts your snowshoe tour to the awesomeÂ Gergeti Trinity church.
Walking up to the church takes about 1-2 hours. Experiencing winter hiking through the snowy forest up to the hills. The difference of altitude from Stepantsminda to Gergeti Trinity church is 400m (1312ft).
Reach the main highlight of the day- Gergeti Trinity Church (14th century) which overlooks the area proudly as a steady symbol of Georgia, and enjoy the stunning views in a fabulous atmosphere. If you wish to extend your trip after covering the main area and explore more, the option is available.
While visiting the church, delight in light snacks and hot drinks such as coffee. Overlooking the Tergi gorge and Gergeti village covered with snow.
After trip, you will be taken back to Tbilisi. On the way back, should you wish to make a short stop at the Ananuri Fortress, the offer is available.
Inclusions for Full-Day Snowshoeing Tour To Kazbegi From Tbilisi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Tbilisi
- Equipment rental
- Qualified mountain guiding service
- Travel with comfortable A/C car
- Petrol costs
- Lunch boxes and hot drinks
- Bottle of water
- Private tour
Exclusions for Full-Day Snowshoeing Tour To Kazbegi From Tbilisi
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The difficulty of this tour is moderate
Snow season is from December to March
Total Elevations +/-: 450 m
Hiking distance: 8 km (5mi), 4km (2.5mi) uphill to Gergeti
Walking time: 3-4 hours
Requirement: snow pants, warm trekking boots, gloves, warm clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.