Full-Day Tour From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands And WaterfallsWrite a Review
Take a full, 11-hour day tour, and explore the very best of North Queensland. From lush tropical rain-forests and cascading waterfalls, to natural rock-slides and hidden waterfall caves. Filled with fun, full of laughter and music with just the right amount of interesting local commentary. Your guide is the most knowledgeable and passionate in the region. Morning, afternoon tea and lunch is included along with loads of games and puzzles to keep you entertained on the bus.
This is a group tour with a maximum number per bus of 27 people.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
You start the day with complimentary transfers from your Cairns hotel or accommodation around 7:30am.
Traveling South, you will start to discover the majesty and beauty of North Queenslands most iconic waterfalls, a must see for anyone wanting to experience a pristine rain-forest, cascading waterfalls, stunning panoramas of Queenslands highest peaks, and maybe a glimpse of rare and unique native wildlife.
You will visit and be amazed by the legend of Babinda Boulders steeped in aboriginal history of trapped spirits and a tragic love story that will chill you to the bone. You'll also enjoy an included, morning tea. Your morning swim beckons the lush rain-forest and cascading crystal clear water of Josephine falls. A natural water-slide awaits the young at heart, while the spectacular backdrop provides photo opportunities and wildlife spotting. Josaphine falls has a unique opportunity to slide down a waterfall on a natural rock-slide.
Journey on to Australias most iconic waterfall Millaa Millaa Falls made famous by Qantas and Herbal Essences commercials. This 18 meter, single-drop waterfall, lies in the heart of the Wet Tropics World Heritage listed rain-forest.
For lunch, you will make your way to Australias largest timer pub and fill your belly with some good, old fashioned, country cooking before getting back into the waterfalls. Mount Hypipamee, the Crater and Dinner Falls are next on your list. Here, you will have the opportunity to take a bush walk, swim behind a waterfall and gaze into a 85 meter deep volcanic crater and if thats not enough, it's quite often, you'll see the local Cassowary here too.
As the afternoon starts to roll on, you'll head to the Curtain Fig Tree. 15 meter-high roots tower above you like a 3 story building. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo too! Just before your last swim, you will experience a quiet little creek to search for Platypus and then off to your last stop of the day, Lake Eacham. A dormant Volcanic Crater lake filled with turtles and surrounded by native wildlife, you will watch the sunset over a truly spectacular day. You will be provided morning and afternoon tea, lunch, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and fruit throughout the day as well as games and puzzles to keep you entertained on the bus.
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands And Waterfalls
- Transportation by bus
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- National Park fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands And Waterfalls
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age 4
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.