If you are traveling to destination for the first time and youre short on time, you expect to get the best from it as this is a once in a lifetime experience, and this is the most comprehensive and compact shore trip of the Eternal City. Perfect for first time visitors, we will visit the Vatican, Colosseum and historic center in one day, including the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Navona Square.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
After a 1 hour and half comfortable transfer from the port, meet your local guide in central Rome in the Vatican area and start your travel through eternity. Reach the ancient Rome’s heart and start your exploration with the Colosseum, one of the most impressive attractions in Rome. You will visit the Colosseum externally and your informative guide will tell you amazing stories of mock battles and animal fights, gladiators and powerful emperors. From here we will trace a path through the cobbled streets of the city to the superb Ancient Rome path. You will then admire the Constantine Arch and a part of the Via Sacra leading and will earn Roman Emperors’ glorious past history, as you never would have guessed before.
Then head to Piazza Venezia and the Palatine Hill which are the gateway to one of the biggest archaeological parks in the world; Roman Forum and Palatine Hill were the political, administrative and religious center of imperial Rome.
Then proceed to the recently restored Trevi Fountain, it will amaze you with its stunning baroque beauty: toss a coin in the water and wish to return back to Rome. Afterwards stroll the picturesque alleys and reach the Pantheon to visit its gorgeous interiors.
Before boarding back your bus to reach the Vatican, catch a glimpse of the dazzling Navona Square: its fine baroque fountains and its charming palaces overlooking the bustling square will enchant you.
The tour proceeds with the magnificent Saint Peter’s Square where can be admired the imposing Bernini colonnade and the amazing Basilica facade which is visited from outside. Listen to stories from your guide about the colonnade construction, the Popes, pilgrims and Renaissance art masters who have left their marks on this unique of its kind site and gaze at Michelangelo’s dome which dominates the Rome skyline.
Before parting ways your guide will suggest you where you can enjoy some free time in the area to shop souvenirs and relax. At 03:30 pm board your transfer back to the port of Civitavecchia; drop-off directly at the port entrance within 5.00 pm.
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour From Civitavecchia Port: Rome In A Nutshell
- Port pick up and drop off (meeting point)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle from Civitavecchia to Rome and vice versa with skilled driver
- English speaking experienced local tour leader in Rome as per itinerary
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour From Civitavecchia Port: Rome In A Nutshell
- Meals and drinks and personal expenses
- Admissions to attractions (external visits)
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All the attractions stated in the itinerary are visited from outside (long queues for security checks at St. Peter's Basilica do not allow to visit the worship place internally); time permitting the Pantheon can be visited internally; a short lunch break will take place during the tour according local conditions.
This tour returns at the departure point at the point at approximately 05:00 pm, please check your ship departure time accordingly
This is a shared tour in group of max 25 participants (intended as tour in Rome lead by local tour guide)
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.