On this private or non-private tour, discover Bangkok's world-famous floating markets, then head to the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai. Visit Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, where the POWs who died during the construction of the Burma Railway are buried. The JEATH war museum gives a good insight into these hard times. We then head back in to the city.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDiscover Bangkok's renowned floating markets before journeying onward to the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai.
Our first stop is Damnoen Saduak, where locals and travelers shop at the 3 official floating markets. We then visit the narrow canal flanked with food stalls and souvenir shops at Ton Kem, before venturing south to the more authentic markets of Her Kui and Khun Pitak.
After the markets, learn the history of Khwae Yai and its Bridge on the River Kwai, the bridge was built by World War II allied prisoners and forced laborers and known to be part of "Death Railway". The story is immortalized in Pierre Boulle's novel and David Lean's subsequent film adaptation.
Visit the well-kept Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, where an estimated 9,000 Allied soldiers who died constructing the Railway are buried. You will see touching pictures and artifacts from this harrowing event at the JEATH Museum, known in Thailand as the Wat Tai War Museum.
Inclusions for Full Day Tour Of Floating Markets And The Bridge On The River Kwai
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Tour Of Floating Markets And The Bridge On The River Kwai
- • Personal expenses
• Additional services not mentioned on itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide us with the name and address of your Hotel
You might also like
- Floating Markets Of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip From Bangkok
- Bangkok Dinner Cruise On The Chao Phraya River
- Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex And Wat Phra Kaew Tour
- Bridge On The River Kwai And Thailand-Burma Railway Tour
- Thai Dinner And Classical Thai Dance Tour From Bangkok
- Bangkok Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Temple And River Of Kings
- Oasis Spa - Bangkok
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market With Return Transfers