Full-Day Tour Of Windsor, Eton And Oxford From London
OverviewYou will visit Windsor and Eton in the morning before traveling to Oxford at lunchtime where you will spend the afternoon. In the Oxford centre you will find a wide range of shops in the Westgate and Clarendon shopping centres and the old Victorian covered market. Or you can visit some free museums or Oxford Castle at your leisure.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourThe City of Dreaming Spires is home to one of the most famous and oldest universities in the world. For over 800 years it has been a home to royalty and scholars although people are known to have lived in the area for thousands of years. Its beautiful architecture, museums and young student population make the city a wonderful place to visit at any time of year. Even though Oxford is a very cosmopolitan city, it is dominated by its ancient university, with each college having its own sense of identity. With its mix of ancient and modern, there is plenty for the visitor to do.
If you are a keen photographer, or you just like seeing things from a different angle, then why not climb the 13th century tower of St. Mary the Virgin Church opposite the Radcliffe Camera. The church is known as the university church and is the oldest building associated with the university, for a small fee you can climb the steps of the tower for wonderful views of the college buildings.
Oxford has a great collection of museums; The Museum of the History of Science contains scientific instruments from medieval times up to the modern day. The Pitt-Rivers Museum houses the universitys archaeological and anthropological collections. The University Museum is the museum of natural history; it is situated next door to the Pitt-Rivers Museum.
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour Of Windsor, Eton And Oxford From London
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour Of Windsor, Eton And Oxford From London
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that the majority of passengers may be students aged 18+; however, all ages and non-students are welcome
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Oxford or London Airports to Oxford Hotels
- 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations, Cotswolds and Blenheim Palace Tour from Oxford
- 2-Day Liverpool and Manchester Tour From Oxford
- 2-Hour Cycle Tour in Oxford
- Cambridge Tour from Oxford
- Bath and Stonehenge Day Tour From Oxford
- Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip from Oxford including Shakespeare's Birthplace
- Oxford University Walking Tour