Full-Day Tour The Egyptian Museum, The Citadel - Cairo
OverviewImmerse yourself in Egypts history with a private tour from a professional Egyptologist. You will visit and learn about numerous sites in Cairo including the Egyptian Museum, the Citadel of Salah el-Din
Know More about this tourSpend a day with an Egyptologist to learn many details about Egypts fascinating past. This full-day tour features stops at landmarks important to Egypts history.
Your first destination is the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, which houses 165,000 Egyptian artifacts. The museum hosts the treasures of King Tutankhamen, including his gold coffin with the iconic death mask. At the Egyptian Museum, your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces in the museum before allowing you time to explore the museum at your leisure.
From the Egyptian Museum, your guide will bring you to the Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din. Still used as a place of worship today, the Alabaster Mosque is the most important mosque in Cairo, and sits at the top of a limestone hill. Your guide will take you inside the mosque and give you an overview on the mosques history, a basic introduction to the Islamic faith, and translate some of of the most common Islamic prayers.
These are only some of the sites available for you to visit. This is a private tour and you get to decide how much time you spend at each stop, and how much you see in 1 day
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour The Egyptian Museum, The Citadel
- Qualified Egyptologist tour guide
- Entrance fee to the Egyptian Museum
- Entrance fee to the Citadel of Salah el-Din
- Optional lunch
- Transportation in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour The Egyptian Museum, The Citadel
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP 300.00)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The provided transportation is wheelchair accessible. However, uneven walking surfaces at the sites visited may be difficult for wheelchair users and those with walking disabilities.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Alexandria: Day Tour from Cairo to Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum and Montaza Gardens with Lunch
- Amazing Alexandria Trip From Cairo
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids of Giza Memphis and Sakkara including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Egyptian Museum, Saladin Citadel, Khan El Khalili Bazaar Including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Giza Pyramids and Egyptian Museum including lunch
- Discover Cairo: Old Capital of Memphis and Step Pyramid of Sakkara Private Guided Tour
- Discover Cairo: Coptic Islamic Tour, Christian Churches and Babylon Fortress
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids Of Giza And The Sphinx Short Trip