Full Day Tour To Assisi Cortona And Perugia From San Gimignano - Florence
OverviewDiscover the art and architecture and the religious sites of Tuscany and Umbria on a full-day tour of Perugia, Assisi, and Cortona. Admire spectacular landscapes, explore medieval hilltop towns and Etruscan ruins with a knowledgeable guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourGet picked up at your hotel in San Gimignano (if requested) or meet in a central location and climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned coach for this day trip.
First you will visit the Tuscan town of Cortona, an ancient town full of charm which bursts with architectural treasures. In fact, the towns origins date back to the Etruscans, and for this reason Cortona is rich in history and artistic relevance. The towns location on top of the hills will offer you spectacular views over the surrounding landscape.
Then you will be comfortably escorted to the town of Assisi, home to San Francesco (St. Francis), the poet saint protector of all animals. Assisi is one of the worlds most famous pilgrimage destinations, thanks to its special relation with San Francesco, and has been elected as symbol of peace after hosting many important religious encounters between the popes and the worlds religious leaders. Following San Francesco and Santa Chiaras footsteps, you will be guided along winding streets and alleyways to the historical and artistic treasures of this Medieval town. In the superb Basilica of San Francesco dAssisi you will see Giottos frescoes of San Francescos life. Take some free time to stroll around and relax in the enchanting atmosphere of this Umbrian jewel.
Finally the tour will end in Perugia. You will have the chance to explore the town on a self-guided tour, in search of springs and fountains, beautiful views, Etruscan walls and doors, parks and gardens through trails that wind between the five historic districts of the city: Porta Sole, Porta SantAngelo, Porta Santa Susanna, Eburnea Gate, and Porta San Pietro. This Etruscan town holds many historic monuments, including La Fontana Maggiore, which is one of the main monuments in the city and a crucial example of medieval sculpture, the Etruscan Arch of Augustus, which is the largest monument among Etruscan remains, the gateway of the Etruscan walls, the Palazzo dei Priori and the Rocca Paolina.
The land that coversthe regions of Tuscany and Umbria is a land of harmonious hills, simple and raw beauty, and changing colors. With this tour, you'll visit three citiesof overwhelming beauty and art, also relevant for their religious tradition.
Inclusions for Full Day Tour To Assisi Cortona And Perugia From San Gimignano
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Guided visit of Assisi
- Self-guided visit of Cortona and Perugia
- Entrance to Santa Chiara Church
- Entrance to Basilica of San Francesco dAssisi
Exclusions for Full Day Tour To Assisi Cortona And Perugia From San Gimignano
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotel to meeting point in San Gimignano 20,00 per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Customers must be ablo to climb and discend stairs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Florence San Marco Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry
- Skip the Line: Florence Accademia and Uffizi Gallery Tour
- Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour of Florence
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet