OverviewEnjoy a full day tour to the North of the country and visit the towns of La palma and Suchitoto and also the Archeological park of Cihuatan..
- Hotel pickup included
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourOur guide will be pleased to show you the largest archeological site of El Salvador: Cihuatan.
This town is a mix of cultures after the Maya collapse, according to experts they have found influence of Maya, Lenca, Nahuas other ancient cultures.
Cihuatán was built on a low ridge in the center of the Acelhuate Valley. From there it could control traffic between the Caribbean, Honduras, and the rich river valleys and coastal plain of El Salvador. The site was surely picked for defense as well: the Western Ceremonial Center is surrounded by a low wall which probably supported a wooden palisade. The name means "place of the woman," from the imagined silhouette of a woman ("cihua") lying on her back along the ridge of the nearby Guazapa Volcano.The core of the city was the ceremonial centers, with their pyramids, ballcourts, palaces, and other civic and religious buildings. The Western Ceremonial Center is the best-known part of the city. On the edge of the ridge just outside is the West Terrace, which might have been the marketplace. Across a deep gully lies the Eastern Ceremonial Center.
The ceremonial platforms of Cihuatán are made of thin slabs of volcanic rock, covering an earthen core. The structures which once stood on them were made of clay plastered over woven sticks ("wattle and daub"), with thatch roofs. Both platforms and the buildings were probably painted. Large hourglass shaped incense burners once stood on the western corners of the platforms, flanking the wide stairs.
A small museum will introduce you to the most relevant information of the park.
Then we will visit La Palma the craft’s town, which was impulse by the international Salvadorian artist Fernando Llort, and helped the comunity given new jobs to the ones in need. A local artist will guide you on your Own La palma souvenir.
After the visit of La Palma, You will visit a popular weekend destination : Suchitoto, a well preserved colonial village in El Salvador; cobbled streets, nice handcrafts shops , art galleries. The duration of the tour is 8 hours.
Inclusions for Full Day Tour To Cihuatan, La Palma And Suchitoto Towns From San Salvador
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Full Day Tour To Cihuatan, La Palma And Suchitoto Towns From San Salvador
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.