Full-Day Tour To Ipoh From Kuala LumpurWrite a Review
On this day trip from Kuala Lumpur, discover the historic city of Ipoh. Your guide will explain the city's combination of Moorish and British architecture, and show you highlights including Malaysia's most beautiful mosque.
- Enjoy a relaxing ride from Kuala Lumpur, accompanied by a professional driver/guide
- Walk to markets and various food stalls to experience delicious Malay dishes
- Delight your taste buds with mouthwatering barbecued fish, and curry noodles
- Visit the most prominent landmarks such as the Ipoh Town Hall, Birch Memorial Clock Tower, and Ipoh Railway Station
Know More about this tour
Your full-day Ipoh tour starts with pick-up at your hotel by air-conditioned vehicle. A professional tour guide/driver will accompany you throughout the whole tour, so you can relax and enjoy yourself. Once in Ipoh, start your adventure with a delicious breakfast. Ipoh has an extremely vibrant food scene that can satisfy even the pickiest gourmets, so prepare your taste buds! Your guide will show you the best spots to have a morning cup of tea, savor the mouthwatering kaya puffs (flaky pastry with a jam filling), and the amazing hor hee (light fish cakes served with white rice noodles).
Afterwards, it’s time to discover the landmarks of British colonialism. The impressive Ipoh Town Hall stands out against the bright blue skies as a symbol of local government and one of the most prominent historical spots in the city. The exquisite Ipoh Railway Station was erected in 1894 and later modified by Arthur Benison Hubback, who brought elements of neo-Moorish and neo-Saracenic styles to the station’s exterior, adding domes and open air loggias to the original design. The majestic Birch Memorial Clock Tower also boasts graceful architecture.
Ipoh’s famous white coffee is a must-try for every foodie. Your guide will show you the best spot to take a break and enjoy this delicious beverage. Next stop - the lush and green recreational park Gunung Lang, located 5 km north of the city. Covering an area of more than 30 hectares, the park offers a marvelous lake with a cascading waterfall, a mini zoo, and a long spectacular boardwalk across the swamp. The magnificent Perak Tong is also a place that can’t be missed. Filled with hidden grottoes and recesses, this cave-temple boasts more than 40 Buddha statues scattered around its premises. A stunning 12-meter golden Buddha will make you want to sit and enjoy the calmness of this place for hours. On your way back you will stop at Kellie’s Castle to enjoy the views of the ruined mansion built by a Scottish planter.
Your food tour will continue while you walk through the array of local markets. Here you can feast on a wide variety of local Malay treats: curry noodles, fried turnips known as sa kok, caramel custard, chicken rice, and hakka mee – meatballs with cuttlefish and noodles. Next you can try the yummy traditional dessert named muah chee or stop by a local cafe to try the amazing ice balls.
Ipoh people are also big on snacks, so don’t miss the unusual tapioca chips, fried beans, and murukku (crunchy rice twists) that are favored by millions of people across the country. But don’t worry, because your guide will show you everything! Finally, you’ll get back to your comfortable car and set off to Kuala lumpur, back to hotel.
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour To Ipoh From Kuala Lumpur
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Breakfast and lunch
- Mineral water
- Full-day tour in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour To Ipoh From Kuala Lumpur
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 5 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 5 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.