From USD 75
OverviewOn this full-day tour you will discover one of the most breathtaking landscapes that Salta and Jujuy offers. This amazing experience gives you the opportunity to take the route of the Train to the Clouds (from San Antonio de los Cobres). Another important point is the visit to the Salinas Grandes and finally the visit to the Seven Colors Hill Purmamarca town.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThis full-day tour is considered one of the most beautiful and complete tours in the region. It allows you to discover different landscapes and learn about the life of the inhabitants of this large Puna Region.
You will depart going through Campo Quijano and travel parallel to the famous “Tren a las Nubes” (The Train to the Clouds) Railway appreciating each of the bridges, stations, tunnels and viaducts it goes through. You will also be able to enjoy “Quebrada del Toro” (Bull Gorge) where you will stop to take in the beauty of the different views you are offered. Then you will reach Santa Rosa de Tastil which is a little town of no more than 50 inhabitants, and will see the museum and Tastil ruins. Then you will head through “Abra Blanca” where you will reach the maximum height of 4080m (13,385ft) above sea level. From there you will be able to contemplate the impressive snow-covered Mountain Acay.
Afterwards you will make your way into the Puna Region with its lunar landscape and finally reach “San Antonio de los Cobres”. After a break for lunch (not included), you will take the route 40 see the local fauna consisting of vicuñas, llamas, zuris, foxes and condors. The next stop is going to be in the beautiful Salinas Grandes (a salt flat).
After that you will go to the 7 Colors Hill in Purmamarca through the “Cuesta del Lipan” (Lipan Slope), the highest point reaches 4170m (13,680 ft) above sea level. After, visit the main square, the artisan market and the streets of Purmamarca. Then you will start your way back to Salta City.
Inclusions for Full-Day Tour To Salinas Grandes, San Antonio And Purmamarca
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Full-Day Tour To Salinas Grandes, San Antonio And Purmamarca
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.