Full Day Tour To The Egyptian Museum Citadel And Old Cairo From Giza
OverviewEnjoy this tour, which includes The Egyptian Museum entry ticket, The Citadel of Saladin, The Mosque of Mohamed Ali and the Churches of Old Cairo & the Synagogue of Ben Ezra. The tour includes lunch.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter a hotel pick-up, your Egyptologist guide will lead you to the Egyptian Museum. It was built at 1901 in down town Cairo, by Khedive Abbas Helmi II, and at the faade of the museum he left the first two initials of his name A&H to remind us of this history. With the help of great Egyptologists, Petri, Marriete, Maspero, this museum became one of the largest museums in the world, with a collection of more than 120 thousand pieces. It overlooks a very famous square, originally was called "Ismaileya" square, then the name was changed to "Al Tahrir Square", means the Liberation Square which witnessed the Egyptian revolution at 25th January 2011, and its second wave at 30th June 2013. It has 2 floors, in the first floor the artifacts are organized in a chronological order, the second floor has the marvelous collection of King Tutankhamen including his jewelry, coffin, and his famous mask.
You will then move on to The Citadel of Saladin & the Mosque of Mohamed Ali. Near the End of the Fatimid Caliphate (969 1178 CE), the Muslim ruler of Damascus struggled with the Crusaders over the Holy Lands & Jerusalem, so he sent one of his followers, Saladin, to control Egypt and to put an end to the Fatimid Caliphate, and to restore Egypt back to the Sunni doctrine of Islam. Saladin managed to do this, he became the Caliph himself (1174 CE), and decided to build a Citadel "fortress" to defend Cairo against any potential attacks by the Crusaders. The Citadel became the seat of the government for a very long time, until another Egyptian King, "Mohamed Ali", decided to build a mosque and a mausoleum for himself, at (1831 CE), he was the founder of the last Royal Dynasty Egypt had, ending with the expulsion of his last descendant, the famous "King Farouk" (1952 CE).
The next stop will be at The Churches of Old Cairo & the Synagogue of Ben Ezra. Near the Roman Fortress, which was built by the Romans in Cairo, which was called "the Babylon fort", there was a cave believed to house the Holy Family when they visited Egypt, escaping from the cruelty of Herod. This spot became holy, attracted many Egyptian Christians, to build churches in this place, to enjoy the blessings of the place where Jesus stayed, many old churches were built there, a Synagogue, and even when the Arabs conquered Egypt, in the exact same area they built their first city in Egypt "al Fustat", and their first mosque of "Amr Ibn El Aas", considered to be the first mosque in Africa.
In Old Cairo, all religions are intersected, making this place a very interesting place to visit. Lunch will be served in one of old Cairo restaurants. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to you hotel.
Inclusions for Full Day Tour To The Egyptian Museum Citadel And Old Cairo From Giza
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Tour To The Egyptian Museum Citadel And Old Cairo From Giza
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
The use of cameras is forbidden inside the Egyptian Museum, and some churches, check with your guide for more details.
Some places require taking off your shoes/sandals
The mosque dress code: no shorts, and women are required to cover up in the Synagogue, Churches and the Mosque.
Females should take a scarf
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Islamic Cairo Al Muizz Street Al Azhar Mosque and Khan El Khalili Bazaar from Giza
- Private Half Day Tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo
- Explore Alexandria On A Day Trip From Giza
- Full Day Tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Sakkara from Giza
- Budget Layover tour to great pyramids Sphinx Egyptian Museum and Old Cairo
- Desert Safari and Quad Bike Around the Pyramids
- Half-Day Tour to Giza Pyramids: Camel Ride Included
- Private Day Tour to Old Cairo