Full Day Trip To Salinas Grandes Salt Fields From Salta
OverviewTravel to Salinas Grandes, one of the largest depressions in the province where large amounts of salt are extracted and experience the vast Puna plateau, the third largest in the world.
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
Know More about this tourFirst time travelers to Puna are usually in great awe at the sheer size of this salty, high altitude expanse that serves as host to a unique ecosystem and a number of salt and mineral quarries.
We will visit Big Salt Works, one of the largest excavation sites in the Puna which is responsible for supplying the provinces of Salta and Jujuy.
Salt is extracted in bricks which are scraped in sinks to produce 95% pure sodium chloride. This desert of salt was once a salty lake but over time all moisture evaporated, leaving only salt. Big Salt Works is located in a depression with an altitude of 8,858 feet which is connected along its northern border with Guayatayoc Lagoon.
Above, wide Salar is considered the 3rd largest Plateau in the world at a height of approximately 11,000 feet.
Inclusions for Full Day Trip To Salinas Grandes Salt Fields From Salta
- Attraction Admission
- Round-trip transfers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Trip To Salinas Grandes Salt Fields From Salta
- Departure Transfer from Hotel to Airport
- National Park Admission
- Lunch, Food and Beverages
- Optional Gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that there are some hotels in the city that are not included in our pickup routes. If your hotel is not included, we will contact you to inform you of the closest pick up location. We ask that you wait for the guide in the lobby of the hotel indicated
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.